• 54(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
Ah my mistake. I forgot I already mentioned it. I was going to say that it seemed incredibly unlikely I would not have noticed it by now. I do think it’s a strange behavior when it appears when reversed but I understand the logic you say is present in the app.

That’s great about the keyboard! Looking forward to your next beta.
Buschel, this probably doesn’t need fixing but I was able to find a way to trick the backswipe into occurring despite not actually back swiping. I remember us discussing before that it should rely on either acceleration (a quick flick) or at least panned over more than halfway to trigger the bacswipe. Please see this video for a demonstration of this trick.
I am sorry, but from the video I cannot recognize what exactly you were doing. I played a bit with the remote screen swipe and could not observe any misbehavior.

Update: Moving "Edit" and "...more" labels is fixed, and I could find good way to gray out "Edit" if no items are in the playlist or server list (for custom buttons this already existed).
Yes I realized later on you would miss the most important thing. So I dragged the pane a little to the right and then back to the left a little but not all the way. Then I just let go of the screen. I am not flicking the pane to the right at the end. Doing that triggers a full swipe back.
Thanks, could reproduce this on my iPhone now. Not a big deal though. It looks like the velocity swipe is executed, possibly triggered from the first small move.
@UlfSchmidt, can you do me a favor and test the Global Search caching (I remember for you it made a huge difference)? How long does it take after the cache was cleaned and after entering a second time. On my iPhone this take 6 seconds each time, on the simulator it is a lot faster the second time. I am not sure if there is a common problem.

@kambala 
Edit: I am pretty sure the App has a performance problem when reading the cache data. The cause is most likely known and already fixed (runtime warnings), but it was not integrated into 1.10 as the performance impact was not seen when checking this on another test case. For 1.10.1 either the fix or a temporary rollback of the "unarchive"-migration is needed.
Buschel,

I randomly found this one. Looks like the variable that gets set with the slider is overlapping the descriptive text. Please see the following image.

(2022-03-28, 04:34)amasephy Wrote: I randomly found this one. Looks like the variable that gets set with the slider is overlapping the descriptive text. Please see the following image.
Thanks, just fixed this.
Hi there.

Selecting a TVShow contextual menu and pressing "mark as watched" or "mark as not watched" does nothing at all. I am running Kodi 19.4 (as OSMC in a Raspberry PI).

Thanks.
I just tested this behavior and it works fine here. Watched status updates as expected on app and Kodi server.
(2022-03-31, 02:12)jcea Wrote: Selecting a TVShow contextual menu and pressing "mark as watched" or "mark as not watched" does nothing at all. I am running Kodi 19.4 (as OSMC in a Raspberry PI).
Thanks for your feedback. I also tested this (iPhone iOS 15.4 and iPad iOS 14.5 simulator against Kodi 19.4 on Linux) for the banner view, the poster list view, the poster grid view and for episodes. This works for me as well.

I can only reproduce such behaviour, if I am already in the app's TV show menu (seeing the banners/posters) and then disconnect Kodi server (e.g. shutting down the device which runs Kodi or ending the Kodi server application). In this case nothing happens when setting a TV show as watched or unwatched, and selecting a TV show results in an error ("Not connected"). Can you please double check if the connection is still established? Which version of the App are you using exactly (iPhone: click on the Kodi icon in the navigation bar of the server list menu, iPad: click on the Kodi icon on the lower right)?
1.10.1 build 3309

Release Notes

This is the release candidate for the 1.10.1 bugfix release. For 1.10 so far only one bug and two crashes were reported. Main driver for this release is that since 1.9 adding custom buttons is broken for a few types (e.g. toggle button or indexed lists). This became a real showstopper as with 1.10 these custom buttons needs to be recreated once (migration from MD5 to SHA256 hashes). The second important topic is a fix for a performance drop when loading a huge amount of cached items (e.g. few thousand songs, or global search items). Two crashes reported with 1.10 also were fixed to increase the robustness. The other fixes and the translation update were added as they are seen as very low risk.

Please report back, if you should find any new showstopper. If nothing is reported, we plan to release this for the weekend.

After releasing 1.10.1 we will start to look into 1.11 for which there are already several changes prepared. They are not added right now to keep out unnecessary risk until the release versions are set.
Buschel,

Great work smashing the bugs. Sounds like 1.11 will be an exciting release.

The slider overlap looks good now.

I’m curious, the caching improvement you mention. Was that intended to be a fix for the rapid sliding of the movies category with grid view enabled as I portrayed a few weeks back? I remember I demonstrated how the sliding animation would choke and freeze for about a second. I’m asking because I tested this again and I do not experience that problem anymore.

Edit:

I just noticed a quirk related to the swipe back gesture. I’m finding if you swipe a pane a little more than half way (required to kick of the gesture as you designed) but then drag a pane back to cancel the navigation the navigation is not cancelled. The pane gets panned. Once you drag a pane over the halfway point to cancel the gesture you need to perform a flick back to cancel it.

This is a slightly different issue to the one I showed you where if you bring a pane almost back to the left you can trick the gesture into activating.

Edit 2:

Minor bug discovered. Add a custom button for toggling DXVA2. Go to the server settings - player - videos and view this switch on your tv.

Now toggle it with the custom button. Kodi server immediately reflects the change.

Now toggle the switch on the Kodi server. The app fails to respond to the change and the toggle doesn’t update.

Relaunch the app. You’ll find that the toggle now reflect the change made on the server.

As a side note while I was testing this I tan I to an issue where the button wasn’t working at all. The app was not saying “command executed”. I can’t reproduce now but I suspect it’s our old friend the yellow tcp connect issue that triggered it. I will keep an eye on this behavior.

Edit 3:

Apologies for all the edits. Here’s another quirk.

I remember mentioning in another area of the custom buttons where lists would roll below a panel box near the bottom of the screen. I mentioned how this looks a little awkward and it really should have the panel box cover up the items below it.

Example:

Interestingly there are scenarios where this is actually happening as I would like to see it. Please see the following image for an example. When you scroll this list additional items are revealed below what is visible.

Hi @amasephy,
(2022-04-07, 00:42)amasephy Wrote: Great work smashing the bugs. Sounds like 1.11 will be an exciting release.
You will lots of the issues you reported resolved. Also there will be a feature to allow users who don't like the auto-colored UI elements to use a gray scheme,
(2022-04-07, 00:42)amasephy Wrote: The slider overlap looks good now.
Thanks for confirming.
(2022-04-07, 00:42)amasephy Wrote: I’m curious, the caching improvement you mention. ...
No, the change I did is not related to this. The cache problem was showing as a delay of around 1 sec / 1000 items before the content was even shown (e.g. when entering "Global Search" or "All Songs"). When the items are cached this should load more or less instantly -- it now again does.
(2022-04-07, 00:42)amasephy Wrote: I just noticed a quirk related to the swipe back gesture. I’m finding if you swipe a pane a little more than half way (required to kick of the gesture as you designed) but then drag a pane back to cancel the navigation the navigation is not cancelled. The pane gets panned. Once you drag a pane over the halfway point to cancel the gesture you need to perform a flick back to cancel it.
Hmm, so you move the pane in quick move but then do not let go and move it slowly back before releasing?
(2022-04-07, 00:42)amasephy Wrote: Now toggle the switch on the Kodi server. The app fails to respond to the change and the toggle doesn’t update.
Relaunch the app. You’ll find that the toggle now reflect the change made on the server.
The button state should be renewed when re-entering the remote. I doubt this update via notification was ever implemented. I am not sure if this is a simple thing to resolve as the custom buttons allow to change a lot of different settings/modes which might trigger a variety of notifications. Alternatively re-loading via timer is an option. Let's see.
(2022-04-07, 00:42)amasephy Wrote: As a side note while I was testing this I tan I to an issue where the button wasn’t working at all. The app was not saying “command executed”. I can’t reproduce now but I suspect it’s our old friend the yellow tcp connect issue that triggered it. I will keep an eye on this behavior.
Thanks, let me know if you find a pattern which helps me reproducing it.
(2022-04-07, 00:42)amasephy Wrote: I remember mentioning in another area of the custom buttons where lists would roll below a panel box near the bottom of the screen. I mentioned how this looks a little awkward and it really should have the panel box cover up the items below it.
Interestingly there are scenarios where this is actually happening as I would like to see it. Please see the following image for an example. When you scroll this list additional items are revealed below what is visible.
Yes, I was already trying to resolve this -- without success for now. The problem is always there for iPhones with the extended safe bottom area. Some lists are simply too short to show visible items in the transparent safe area.
@kambala, maybe you have an idea where to look at. The Info field is the footer of the list. It seems the footer does simply not move into the safe area, but the list items do. Is there a configuration for this behaviour?
Buschel,

You don’t need to swipe quickly. Even a slow slide to the right more than half way and then a slow slide back will trigger the initial gesture. I can’t really demonstrate this without taking a video of my hand performing this.

If you can’t reproduce I can try and get a video for you. Please let me know.

In regards to the cache it sounds like I’m just lucky I don’t experience the lag anymore.
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0