• 57(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
Buschel, sounds like you really put in extra effort on this issue.

I conceptually understand the issue as you describe. After taking into consideration what Kambala states I don’t feel comfortable making a suggestion on adding the navigation bar at the top.

I can hardly imagine many people use this view. Unless it is used elsewhere like during music playback or something.
(2022-04-13, 12:57)amasephy Wrote: I can hardly imagine many people use this view. Unless it is used elsewhere like during music playback or something.

I even didn’t know about this view before it was mentioned here. And the best view during music playback is obviously the Now Playing screen! Wink
This also works for artists, movies and movie sets. Looks pretty nice. Smile

But I guess it is not worth the hassle of working around the iOS framework. I just keep it like it is.
Just to share a few things I am playing around with. Not all colors are properly updated, but you can get an idea.

Soft fading for navigation bar (inspired by the iOS photo app):

Different NowPlaying design with blurred blackground and support for light / dark mode:

Image[/url]

Support for light mode:
Heart 
Love any of these!
May I suggest you increase the darkness fade? I see how it mimics the photo app but to me the overlapping text is too clashing. If for example it’s currently at 90% opacity could you showcase a sample where it was more like 50 or 60%?

The now playing looks a lot more modern. 👍🏻

Light mode I do not plan to use.

Very surprising update. I was not anticipating gui updates. Looking forward to more updates of this nature!
Thanks, I am also quite pleased especially with the NowPlaying results. This is all in draft state, nothing which could even make its way into a TF build as it just behaves as intended in some good cases (where the screen shots came from). So don't expect such updates soon. The photo-app like fading for example will need a lot of rework of the database browser screen -- remember there is the search bar and the sync function hidden on top. Also I did not take a look at how this looks like on an iPad...
First, I want to play with an udpdate of the colors for light/dark mode -- now there is still off white and dark gray used instead of white / black. Also, I came across a few dimension issues with the thumbnails while working in light mode.

On the search bar and sync function I was even thinking of throwing over board the current function of the toolbar and making it more similar to how Kodi and other apps handle it. Instead of having (only) the most used functions reachable via buttons (Albums -- even with hidden filter functions when multiply pressed --, Artists, Gerne, file mode, followed by the "more"-button, view mode and search) I am thinking of having buttons for "type", "filter", "sort", "view mode", "search". Pressing "type" would open a list of options (albums, artists, genres, top 100 albums, ...), pressing "filter" equally would show ("no filter / album artist / artist" or "no filter / watched / non watched"). This way there is more space available in the toolbar. I could now even think of moving the shortcuts to remote and NowPlaying into the toolbar and move the connection status (red/yellow/green) to upper right status bar -- where it belongs. On the other side users need more clicks to go where they want, and I know there are a lot other screen with conflicting layouts. Anyway, comment and ideas are welcome. Smile
I've submitted 1.10.1 to review with automatic release
already live Smile
Hi all. Is there a build available in test flight that supports Apple Watch?
(2022-04-23, 14:16)Spleencheesemonkey Wrote: Hi all. Is there a build available in test flight that supports Apple Watch?
No, not to my knowledge. There is an open PR which implements Apple Watch support (#91). But the PR was not merged yet and is not further maintained since a while.
That’s disappointing. Thanks for the response.
1.11 build 3326
Release Notes

This build is the first done with Xcode 13.2. This is required for future AppStore uploads. The build only carries the basic adaption to the Xcode 13.2 SDK when running on iOS 15.x and a minor update of the German translation for the settings.

Other changes are already prepared and will come in a later builds, including:
- Gray out "Edit" if there are no items
- Dismiss keyboard on drag
- Do not animate settings list after a swipe-attempt
- Show same music video thumbnails in NowPlaying, playlist and while browsing
- Show year as part of recording date
- Fix action sheets not showing on few filtered lists
- Fix moving button labels and transparency in custom button view
- Update AppInfo text and layout
- Update gesture zone help and remote quick help
- Add auto-color setting for UI (allows to use a gray scheme instead of the default colorful theme for TV Shows, Albums and NowPlaying)
1.11 build 3340
Release Notes

Mainly a bugfix release for Xcode 13 and iOS 15 with a few crash fixes and a translation update as icing on top.
In my setup, the Back button of the Remote is no longer working Sad
Any ideas?
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0