• 58(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
I am not 100% sure what "Back" function you meant, so I tested with my Kodi 19.4 test setup:
a) Remote "Back" button which navigates UI -> works (I entered Music > Album on the Kodi server and then used "Back")
b) Skip back in a music playlist -> works
c) Rewind a playing music file -> works

Would be good to hear more about the exact way to reproduce.
(2022-05-21, 09:47)Buschel Wrote: I am not 100% sure what "Back" function you meant, so I tested with my Kodi 19.4 test setup:
a) Remote "Back" button which navigates UI -> works (I entered Music > Album on the Kodi server and then used "Back")
b) …

Hi @Buschel
It’s a)
Yes, the button still works for your example, so it must be something more difficult. Because it is no longer working on Kodi’s main screen where I use it regularly to exit Kodi. The hardware remote still works, but the one embedded in your remote unfortunately doesn’t.
So my basic question would be whether you changed anything here?
You updated Kodi server since this last worked? You could roll back a few of the TF versions. To me this sounds like a change in the server. These kind of changes were seen a few times already. Kodi treats several types of key events different, e.g. a hard key event (like a keyboard and I assume a remote would send) or an action command (which is what the App uses). Sadly enough I cannot use hard events as well, as this is not supported by Kodi 18 or earlier.

If this is an issue of Kodi server, I suggest you raise an issue in the JSON-RPC area of the forum.
Oops, sorry, it seems that you are right. It is not a regression. It is probably Kodi 19.4 … Sad
(I was completely sure that it worked with previous versions of your remote control app. But I just rechecked, and it doesn’t)
I took a look at this as well out of curiosity. On my 19.3 box it does not work.

I tried to configure the key map xml files but wasn’t able to figure out which “key” it sends when the back button is pressed. Looking at the log it looks like it’s just sending a command called previous window.

At the very least on a physical keyboard you press and hold “backspace” and on Xbox controller you press the “b” button to trigger this window.

@UlfSchmidt - you can also add a custom button to trigger this window. Just go to the settings pane we often talk about, hit more, hit ellipses (…), activate specific window, and scroll down to shutdownmenu and finally tap add button.

This at least gives you a reasonable work around.
(2022-05-25, 02:53)amasephy Wrote: @UlfSchmidt - you can also add a custom button to trigger this window. Just go to the settings pane we often talk about, hit more, hit ellipses (…), activate specific window, and scroll down to shutdownmenu and finally tap add button.

Thanks for this tip. But even with your description it took me a while to figure it out. Smile
1.11 build 3373
Release Notes

For this build a set of bugfixes  and improvements got merged. @amasephy, you will find fixes for your reported issues and implementation of some suggestions in this build (e.g. dismiss keyboard on drag, no action sheets showing in settings list when filtered, settings animation after swipe, ...). In the backlog are a few more changes which will provide an option to use gray instead of colored UI elements and some fixes and internal code maintenance.
Buschel,

I took a look and the items referenced in change log that I reported seem fine.

Thank you for another solid test build!
Thanks for confirming the fixes work as expected for you. 👍
Hi @Buschel
May I kindly request that you add the official logo for VP9 video codec, as it is e.g. available here: Link
Currently, only the text "vp9" is shown in a very small font, which I find a little bit "ugly".
Danke schön!
Any chance you find a logo which works on dark background, and make one for for vp8 as well?
Do you need these in monochrome / white?
I could easily convert the existing ones. Do you need a specific size or format?
Great would be white "VP" with the green "8" and "9". The ideal format is png, around 300x120 to 360x120 pixels, with transparent background. Can you also share a file for testing this?
You've got mail Smile
Perfectly prepared, looks good: https://abload.de/img/bildschirmfoto2022-07i1jy1.png
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0