• 60(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
Hi Buschel

I checked the items you fixed related to the json error and all looks good.

I do have a question. I noticed a scenario that has me a little curious. I have a situation in my video library on Kodi server where a bunch of Tv episodes got duplicated and the database didn’t properly clean itself. As a result as I’m progressing through the season I just tap each one and when prompted I remove the one with the missing source.

I decided to check and see what happens when attempting to watch the broken source episode from the app and noticed you do not get that prompt to remove the episode. Instead Kodi server throws up an error dialog “One or more items failed to play, check log for more info”.

Do you think it’s worth looking into this edge case or should I just get more diligent about proper database scrubbing on my server?
When I have access to my setup again I can give this a try. For now I enjoy the Norwegian coast. Smile
(2022-08-12, 13:19)Buschel Wrote: When I have access to my setup again I can give this a try. For now I enjoy the Norwegian coast. Smile

Have a good time!
Have fun Buschel.

For when you get back maybe you will be able to help me with a strange situation. As of yesterday the app does not work for me anymore. I cannot get it to connect to either of my Kodi servers. No settings have changed, no updates have been applied.

I even rolled back to the officially released build of the remote app and still nothing.
Hi, first try is always to use „Find Kodi“ (new IP for the server given?). Second try is to access Kodi server via the Chorus web interface. You can do this via another PC/Notebook and also via your phone‘s browser after checking your server‘s IP via Kodi System Info. If this works from your phone‘s browser, then there‘s something wrong with the App. In this case deinstall the App and reinstall freshly. When now using „Find Kodi“ for the first time you should get a popup asking for granting the App network access. If browser access does not work even from another PC/Notebook most likely something went wrong with Kodi server, Kodii server settings or your local network setup.
(2022-08-15, 01:31)amasephy Wrote: Have fun Buschel.

For when you get back maybe you will be able to help me with a strange situation. As of yesterday the app does not work for me anymore. I cannot get it to connect to either of my Kodi servers. No settings have changed, no updates have been applied.

I even rolled back to the officially released build of the remote app and still nothing.

FYI the latest TF version works fine for me
For me everything is fine with the latest TestFlight too Smile
Thanks for the responses everyone. I suspected it was just me having an issue. It has to be a networking issue since it doesn’t work on either of my Kodi servers.

Strangely I can find no network issue. On Xbox I ensured I was using a static IP for a long time now.

The NUC does have a dynamic ip but I ensured I updated it in the app prior to trying to connect the remote.

I will try using Chorus and report back.

FYI - “Find Kodi” button has never worked for me in the app.

Edit: For reasons unknown everything started working again. No changes, no reboots. 👍🏻
Hmm, would have been good if you had the chance to run a few of the tests mentioned above before this resolved. There are still reviews coming in from users who cannot get any access but who are only giving few details. I am specifically interested, if Chorus works in this case.
@amasephy I guess it was you who sent TF feedback? Smile

you can also try sending raw JSON-RPC request to your Kodi instance from another device to see if it responds, example:
Code:
curl -d '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"JSONRPC.Ping","id":42,"params":{}}' -H 'Content-Type: application/json' localhost:45454/jsonrpc
replace localhost:45454 with Kodi's IP and port
No I don’t think it was me. When I realized the remote wasn’t even working on the NUC which still uses the previous release of Kodi I decided to rollback to the official release of the remote app to see if that worked.

When it still didn’t work that’s when I posted here.

When I went to try again before testing with Chorus it was working again.

All I know is for two days straight it did not work at all.

While I consider myself to be relatively computer savvy I honestly have no idea how to send JSON requests. What mechanism do I use to do that? Windows CMD?
Next time please try with Chorus right away. I really would like to find a setup where this problem shows up for a while to debug it.
(2022-08-16, 17:56)amasephy Wrote: While I consider myself to be relatively computer savvy I honestly have no idea how to send JSON requests. What mechanism do I use to do that? Windows CMD?

I believe powershell would be better
(2022-08-12, 02:12)amasephy Wrote: I do have a question. I noticed a scenario that has me a little curious. I have a situation in my video library on Kodi server where a bunch of Tv episodes got duplicated and the database didn’t properly clean itself. As a result as I’m progressing through the season I just tap each one and when prompted I remove the one with the missing source.

I decided to check and see what happens when attempting to watch the broken source episode from the app and noticed you do not get that prompt to remove the episode. Instead Kodi server throws up an error dialog “One or more items failed to play, check log for more info”.

Do you think it’s worth looking into this edge case or should I just get more diligent about proper database scrubbing on my server?
I checked this and the Kodi API does not respond with any kind of error. Neither when adding such item to a playlist, nor when attempting to open/play it. In both cases I receive the response "OK" and no error at all. I only can see the same error message you described in the Kodi UI itself.
I think I‘ve found a small inconsistency between the App and Kodi’s skinning engine. While skins use the Album Artist to select the clearlogo to be shown when playing music, the App uses the Artist‘s logo in the Now Playing screen.
Not really important, I know…
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0