• 63(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
Really? I was even not aware that Kodi supports multiple clear arts. Multiple fan art, yes. But multiple clear art?
BTW, maybe there is then also a hidden way in the App to scroll through the different fan arts?
I didn‘t come across anything like this yet.
Strange, since I would expect that multiple fan art is more or less a common standard, while I never heard about multiple clear art. Multiple clear art is even not supported according to the official documentation, only multiple fan art: https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork_types
I too did not know about the multiple clear art options. In fact I really only thought there were three tapable surfaces, the loop, random and X buttons.

While populating my libarary with artwork I often found there are a lot more fanart options than clear art, if clear art is even available.

Maybe this is going a bit out of scope but it might be neat if the fanart displayed fade transitioned between the available fanarts.
The App‘s overlay shows clearlogo and clearart (after tapping and only if available). The idea with fading to other fanart is nice. Maybe I can have a look at it. But for sure not for the next release. I don‘t want to mess it up with late changes.
Hi Buschel,

I took another look at the now playing overlay and it appears there is already a way to dismiss the overlay without tapping the X.

If you tap anywhere starting at the codec info icons and below it will dismiss the overlay. This seems pretty unintuitive as I didn’t initially think to tap those. Maybe the tapable surface could safely be expanded to anywhere below the clear art, maybe with a bit of padding below the clear art to avoid unintentional taps.
I am adding the collection of comments and ideas into a GitHub issue: #719
First real layout problems with the new iPhone 14 Pro found: GitHub issue #720.
1.11 build 3451
Release Notes

This is the release candidate for 1.11. The latest changes only take care of the recent report on glitches when synchronizing movie sets (@amasephy) and improve the readability of the help screen and warning message in the host connection screen. I hope the latter helps new users to set up their Kodi server to support the remote app.

Edit: Sorry, but I found a nasty bug caused one of the late changes. This impacts displaying the results after refreshing: double items and unexpected section headers, as well as empty list when refreshing during a filter (watched/unwatched) is active. This needs to be fixed before releasing.
1.11 build 3453
Release Notes

Fixes regression I reported in last post.
Hi Buschel,

Not sure if we just missed it before or something new. Only noticing it now that I’m checking the movie sets syncing.

The syncing spinner only stays visible when you are in list view. Grid view quickly hides the spinner and “syncing” message and locks the gui.

Also I’m falling victim to the search bar race condition alot more frequently while testing this. Particularly while in grid view. Instead of seeing the search bar it’s just a black panel.

Finally, not sure if this is possible but from a visual standpoint it would look nicer if there wasn’t a search bar visible during the syncing process.

Edit:

I’m noticing another slight inconsistency with the search bar and refreshing. Normally when you perform a cache refresh the search bar hides immediately after the sync refresh occurs. However, on the global search the search bar remains visible another second or two before hiding itself.

Edit 2:

I also started noticing this.

The “/“ character header overlaps the cover art on the first category.

Steps to reproduce:

1: Set to list view.

2: Refresh sync

3: Switch to grid view.

Note that refreshing while in grid view works fine.

Edit 3: Last edit for the night I promise.

Really minor visual issue here.

Remember the up arrow I asked you to add while viewing movie details? The down arrow was already implemented.

The up arrow remains visible if you go into the fanart panning view that is available at the bottom of movie details screen. Its sort of hidden because it overlaps the iOS battery indicator.

The down arrow also becomes visible for a split second going between the fanart panning view and movie info views despite the fact that the arrow is not visible while at the bottom of the movie info view.
(2022-10-03, 00:21)amasephy Wrote: 1. The syncing spinner only stays visible when you are in list view. Grid view quickly hides the spinner and “syncing” message and locks the gui.
2. Normally when you perform a cache refresh the search bar hides immediately after the sync refresh occurs. However, on the global search the search bar remains visible another second or two before hiding itself.
This is hard for me to reproduce. Can you share a video of this? And does this only happen with the latest TF builds or also with 1.10.1 on AppStore?
(2022-10-03, 00:21)amasephy Wrote: Also I’m falling victim to the search bar race condition alot more frequently while testing this. Particularly while in grid view. Instead of seeing the search bar it’s just a black panel.
Same for me, but I have no clue what to do about it.
(2022-10-03, 00:21)amasephy Wrote: Finally, not sure if this is possible but from a visual standpoint it would look nicer if there wasn’t a search bar visible during the syncing process.
Agreed, I also thought of hiding this while synchronizing. But I will not touch this for now. This area will be a huge opportunity for unwanted regressions.
(2022-10-03, 00:21)amasephy Wrote: The “/“ character header overlaps the cover art on the first category.
Steps to reproduce:
Great! I had seen this from time to time, but could never figure out how to reproduce. I opened a GitHub issue for this.
(2022-10-03, 00:21)amasephy Wrote: The up arrow remains visible if you go into the fanart panning view that is available at the bottom of movie details screen. Its sort of hidden because it overlaps the iOS battery indicator. ... The down arrow also becomes visible for a split second going between the fanart panning view and movie info views despite the fact that the arrow is not visible while at the bottom of the movie info view.
Thanks, opened a GitHub issue for this as well.
Thank you for confirming those issues Buschel.

I recorded a video of items 1 & 2. Just to reiterate what the video shows. First I demonstrate the synching message working as intended with list view, then I make two attempts with the grid view, then I show global search synching with the search bar lingering for another second or two after the sync completes.

Note: I tried embedding the video here but it doesn’t seem to work? The link above works fine though.
Quick update (not taken for 1.11 to reduce risk of late regressions):
- Up arrow in fanart view and up/down arrow on/off-toggle during animation -> fixed
- Grid view layout screwed up after refreshing in list view, this also fixes the sync animation vanishing quickly (your first case in the video) -> fixed
- Search bar sometimes not shown in grid view -> fixed
- Sync animation of global search now waits until sync finished (your 2nd case in the video) -> fixed
Glad you were able to create fixes for those errors. Especially the search bar!

I just recently added music to my Kodi library and I noticed something strange. Maybe it’s intentional.

If you you view All Songs in the music view the Index isn’t visible despite there being more than a hundred entries.
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0