• 75(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
Thanks for sharing the video, I now saw it as well. I will look at your findings when I am back from my business trip. But looks like the last build is a good version to use for a while.
Thanks Buschel. Sounds good. Enjoy the business trip!

I did just encounter a bug during normal usage (wasn’t on a bug hunt 🙂) that has to be a regression. It actually affects normal usage. If you have the app started and you switch out of the app to use your phone in some other way and go back in. Each time you re-enter the app the settings menu gets smaller and smaller. Even when you do it twice it becomes unreadable.

It’s a bug on iPad as well.

1) Appearing footer after search cancel > Confirmed.
2) Broken search Tv show season view > Confirmed.
3) Changing background color in episode view > Confirmed.
4) Reorder icons in custom button list not following light/dark mode > Fixed.
5) Visible iPad progress bar after longpress on playlist item > Fixed.
6) Scrollbar hardly visible in TVSHow mode in light mode > Not sure if I *want* to fix this. See below.
7) Shrinking custom button view content after wakeup > Confirmed and understood, but needs more work to be done.

(6) is again about TVShow banner view being special. With fully available banners the view looks like a grid view with dark background. So, the scrollbar shall be white in this case. But if there are banners missing, you will have the light/dark mode selected background for these line items. In such case you want a scrollbar with adapting color (black in light mode, white in dark mode). Currently the bar uses automatic color, resulting in a black scroll bar during light mode, which is hardly visible when all banners are available. Just making the bar white will cause problems with users in light mode which do not have the banners. I would rather stick to the current solution as it supports best the fallback list views.
Buschel, I am not sure we are talking about the same thing for #6 as you don’t specify that you were looking at TV show details.

TV show details wouldn’t be affected by banners, would it?

This is the screen where you can’t see the scroll bar in light mode. Basically it’s because the ken burns effect background has a transparent dark overlay no matter the theme.

Edit: Another note about the screenshot. If you look at the right edge of the screen next to each actor there is a > symbol that is barely visible in either light or dark theme.
Ah, I was on the wrong track. You are right, for this view the scrollbar also needs fixed white color. Looks like this now: https://abload.de/img/simulatorscreenshot-ivui64.png

6) Fixed. Smile
1) Appearing footer after search cancel > Fixed.
2) Broken search Tv show season view > Fixed.
3) Changing background color in episode view > Fixed.
4) Reorder icons in custom button list not following light/dark mode > Fixed.
5) Visible iPad progress bar after longpress on playlist item > Fixed.
6) Scrollbar hardly visible in TVShow details in light mode > Fixed.
7) Shrinking custom button view content after wakeup > Confirmed and understood, but needs more work to be done.
Looking really good! Thanks for confirming those findings.

We’re you able to confirm the > character I mentioned in an edit below the screenshot in the post above?
Yes, forgot to mention it. This will for sure be manageable. I am currently working on the custom button stuff, and I guess I am only half way through yet, it will still take some time.

Edit:
7) Shrinking custom button view content after wakeup > Fixed.
8) Hardly visible ">" character in info details view > Fixed.
I’m not sure if this is a regression or if it’s been around for awhile if you recall the “party” text in the now playing window was being displayed out of bounds awhile back. I found a new instance of this text misbehaving. This time it’s only visible for a split second.

To reproduce:
- Go to TV shows in the app.
-Tap the Now Playing button in the upper right corner.
- Watch the lower left corner as the Now Playing pane is sliding into view.

Nice catch. Fixed.
Since I was flipping between the two views so much while diagnosing this I noticed something else. Not really a bug.

Is there a reason the buttons at the top of the Now Playing screen (in the screenshot above TV Shows and the Remote Icon) dim? Every other view they’re brighter. In certain scenarios you can even watch the buttons fade to gray.
True, the brightness of navigation bar bar are not same. I will look into this... The navigation bar items are only colored, if there is an dominating color found in the cover/thumb. If not, it falls back to the defined default gray.

Edit: Aligned the navigation bar items to use the same (default) default color -- basically the one which was used in the library view (the brighter one).
One more thing I always wanted to implement is an always visible connection indicator for iPhone. On iPad this already exists in the bottom toolbar, for iPhone the place was harder to find. I now made some basic proof-of-concept to move such indicator top left in the navigation bar. There are still some situations where this does look a bit weird, but this can be taken care of at a later stage.

Impressions:
Good evening!

Regression or not?
I just observed that swiping or scrolling through the description is no longer working in the Now Playing screen.
(2022-12-11, 21:41)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Regression or not?
Regression of a simplification I did, obviously too much simplification. Smile
Thanks for reporting, fixed now.
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0