background
its me again. i can not add a new picture for the background.i have one already but i want  to change it. this skin  can not take over that one i have,i think from the previous skin - can be that reason?pls tell me whats up? regards slawomir
(2021-01-10, 15:57)slawomir Wrote: its me again. i can not add a new picture for the background.i have one already but i want  to change it. this skin  can not take over that one i have,i think from the previous skin - can be that reason?pls tell me whats up? regards slawomir
@slawomir , I am not sure what is going on in your system, you can change the default background as may times as you wish.  Here are a few screenshots of me doing just that:

Then I go again to Settings, Amber Settings, Backgrounds, Set Default Background, Single:

As you can see, I changed it twice without any issues.  Do you get an error message of some kind? If not, and this is not working, I would need to see a debug log.  If you do send a debug log, please change the Kodi language to English before capturing the debug log, so I will be able to understand any messages in the log.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-01-11, 17:15)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-01-10, 15:57)slawomir Wrote: its me again. i can not add a new picture for the background.i have one already but i want  to change it. this skin  can not take over that one i have,i think from the previous skin - can be that reason?pls tell me whats up? regards slawomir
@slawomir , I am not sure what is going on in your system, you can change the default background as may times as you wish.  Here are a few screenshots of me doing just that:

Then I go again to Settings, Amber Settings, Backgrounds, Set Default Background, Single:

As you can see, I changed it twice without any issues.  Do you get an error message of some kind? If not, and this is not working, I would need to see a debug log.  If you do send a debug log, please change the Kodi language to English before capturing the debug log, so I will be able to understand any messages in the log.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
hi, 1.this way you show it does not work either  as i ...discovered by clicking that these two ? lines - under set default background- gebruik  staandardachtergrond  should be - ja= yes  and i had both - nee-no and that was the reason .when i switch off one of them the previous picture comes back, it means the system keeps the last one..my pictures are from  usb stick not from amber, just to tell it for the sure.my tip is - this should be installed as a standard - both lines - yes  coz if someone want to add, change a background will experience this i had did. agree? 2.you see on this pic -use embuary helper for backgrounds...why this one in amber? thanks a lot for your reply, regards slawomir
(2021-01-11, 18:02)slawomir Wrote:
(2021-01-11, 17:15)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
hi, 1.this way you show it does not work either  as i ...discovered by clicking that these two ? lines - under set default background- gebruik  staandardachtergrond  should be - ja= yes  and i had both - nee-no and that was the reason .when i switch off one of them the previous picture comes back, it means the system keeps the last one..my pictures are from  usb stick not from amber, just to tell it for the sure.my tip is - this should be installed as a standard - both lines - yes  coz if someone want to add, change a background will experience this i had did. agree? 2.you see on this pic -use embuary helper for backgrounds...why this one in amber? thanks a lot for your reply, regards slawomir
@slawomir , thank you for your reply.  I understand that for your use case, you want to use the default background in the home window, but many users, including myself, do not.  That is why it is not set to Yes by default.  I am glad you were able to configure it to your liking.  

Regards,

Bart
(2021-01-11, 18:22)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-01-11, 18:02)slawomir Wrote:
(2021-01-11, 17:15)bsoriano Wrote: @slawomir , I am not sure what is going on in your system, you can change the default background as may times as you wish.  Here are a few screenshots of me doing just that:

Regards,

Bart
@slawomir , thank you for your reply.  I understand that for your use case, you want to use the default background in the home window, but many users, including myself, do not.  That is why it is not set to Yes by default.  I am glad you were able to configure it to your liking.  

Regards,

Bart
 now i know more -why. thanks.  your opinion  about this emburay?
(2021-01-11, 18:37)slawomir Wrote:
(2021-01-11, 18:22)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-01-11, 18:02)slawomir Wrote: hi, 1.this way you show it does not work either  as i ...discovered by clicking that these two ? lines - under set default background- gebruik  staandardachtergrond  should be - ja= yes  and i had both - nee-no and that was the reason .when i switch off one of them the previous picture comes back, it means the system keeps the last one..my pictures are from  usb stick not from amber, just to tell it for the sure.my tip is - this should be installed as a standard - both lines - yes  coz if someone want to add, change a background will experience this i had did. agree? 2.you see on this pic -use embuary helper for backgrounds...why this one in amber? thanks a lot for your reply, regards slawomir

Regards,

Bart

@slawomir, embuary helper is excellent. I use it for the backgrounds and info lines for my menu items that are playlists. I also use it to jump directly to a TV show or a season in the video info dialog for episodes.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-01-11, 19:53)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-01-11, 18:37)slawomir Wrote:
(2021-01-11, 18:22)bsoriano Wrote: @slawomir , thank you for your reply.  I understand that for your use case, you want to use the default background in the home window, but many users, including myself, do not.  That is why it is not set to Yes by default.  I am glad you were able to configure it to your liking.  

Regards,

Bart

@slawomir, embuary helper is excellent. I use it for the backgrounds and info lines for my menu items that are playlists. I also use it to jump directly to a TV show or a season in the video info dialog for episodes.

Regards,

Bart
ok, pls close this thread...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
background0