Next step for my Kodi.
Hi, I'm currently being helped out by Klojum on the LE forum so don't want to "twin post", in short I'm having problems with LE not letting me choose what resolution and frame rate I use, it keeps insisting on 4K and 0.0 frame rate, this is no good for my current (older) NUC set up as video stutters sound drops out and sync goes off.
If I can't resolve this I'm considering getting a Pi 4b with 4K memory, a 16Gb SD and a flashy aluminium case. I know Kodi can't output 4K jet but I can upscale with my TV and AV amp  (UHD Samsung OLED/Yamaha 5.1 receiver).
My main question is what should I go for, another LE set up or Raspbian? or even another version of Kodi. I have the latest Leia and the latest LE on a Pi 3b+ in another room working on 1080P perfectly well, so I don't yet know if the problem is LE, the NUC, or Kodi I can't understand why the options for resolutions and frame rate are greyed out and can't be recovered has anyone else had this problem and is it just confined to LE installs? I have uploaded logs for Klojum to kindly look at and as I said I don't want to double post but wonder if others have had similar issues.
Have you considered whether it could be the HDMI cable? I only mention this because you're not going to be happy if you buy a Raspberry Pi 4, power supply and case, and then have the same problem.

For me, it's LibreElec all the way. Having said that, I do have one of my Pi4's with Raspberry Pi OS, and Kodi, so there's no problem there either.
(2021-01-14, 10:53)mcelliott Wrote: Have you considered whether it could be the HDMI cable? I only mention this because you're not going to be happy if you buy a Raspberry Pi 4, power supply and case, and then have the same problem.

For me, it's LibreElec all the way. Having said that, I do have one of my Pi4's with Raspberry Pi OS, and Kodi, so there's no problem there either.

I did think about that and tried with a "slow" old HDMI to attempt to trick Kodi into seeing a lower transfer speed. The Pi4b is reputed to be able to handle 4K properly, with the coming of Kodi 19 I'm hoping I will be able to stream 4K.
P.S. if I don't get another step to try today I'm going to reinstall windows 10 and the Windows version of Kodi. Not ideal as I favour Libreelec and don't want to have a bloated OS on the NIC but at least I will be able to set the resolution that windows runs at. What Raspberry Pi OS are you using?
It seems important to me to mention that more RasPi4 people need to go take a look at 
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentatio...t/video.md
with particular attention to the section on the Pi4, including clicking the links within that section.
(2021-01-19, 20:13)heysoundude Wrote: It seems important to me to mention that more RasPi4 people need to go take a look at 
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentatio...t/video.md
with particular attention to the section on the Pi4, including clicking the links within that section.

Interesting but if you have a proper rad you will se I'm referring to the intel NUC not the RPi4
I was simply pointing a potential RasPi user (and current Pi users who might be having some difficulties) in the direction of a document that might help them config the host machine mentioned.
Sorry if you took that to mean it might be applicable to your situation as well, or if you inferred I was trying to derail this thread/topic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Next step for my Kodi.0