Fully turn off Raspberry Pi from Kodi power button - only goes into standby(?)
Hi All.
Firstly, LOVE Kodi, awesome job!
Along with my Raspberry Pi, it is my go-to media player for a dumb TV while in bed.
However...
When I click the power icon and select shut down,  it doesn't seem to fully shut off the Raspberry Pi. 
The power indicator is still lit,  and any attached peripherals (I use a USB SSD) are still running.
Right now I have to go to the Pi and physically switch it off (sometimes I forget)

Is there a workaround for this to make it shut down completely? 
If I knew the structure of the Pi better,  I'd try to locate the file(s) and make changes, but I only have a basic Linux knowledge.
Thanks a lot
Raspberry Pi 4b 4gb - if that's relevant
(2021-01-13, 19:50)MikeLewin Wrote: Is there a workaround for this to make it shut down completely? 
Probably not, but it may depend on the operating system. Which O/S are you using?
This is normal. Some cases (Argon One) have their own power switch.

The power usage in this situation is negligible, so I wouldn't worry about it. Personally, I leave all my Pi's switched on all the time.
(2021-01-13, 22:08)FXB78 Wrote:
(2021-01-13, 19:50)MikeLewin Wrote: It's using LibreelecIs there a workaround for this to make it shut down completely? 
Probably not, but it may depend on the operating system. Which O/S are you using?
Using Librelec with Kodi on top
(2021-01-14, 11:00)mcelliott Wrote: This is normal. Some cases (Argon One) have their own power switch.

The power usage in this situation is negligible, so I wouldn't worry about it. Personally, I leave all my Pi's switched on all the time.

It's not so much the Pi, I know it can take it,  just peripheral usage especially USB HD which I have plugged in sometimes
(2021-01-16, 20:49)MikeLewin Wrote:
(2021-01-14, 11:00)mcelliott Wrote: This is normal. Some cases (Argon One) have their own power switch.

It's not so much the Pi, I know it can take it,  just peripheral usage especially USB HD which I have plugged in sometimes
If you go over to the Pi hut they sell a lead with switch that goes between the power supply and the Pi. The only other way to switch off the Pi is to unplug it.
[font]Boy, I have this exact same struggle (Libreelec with Argon One). And even if I allow the power to stay on (little red light on front of case stays on) -- I can't boot back up without first unplugging (in my case I actually have a power switch inline on the power supply). So, I'm better off just holding the Argon One power button for 3 seconds for the auto shutdown. But that's a bummer, because I'm using a Harmony Remote and when I stop the activity -- every device shuts down - except the Pi.

I'm still looking for a solution and will report if I find anything. Thanks for posting this.[/font]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fully turn off Raspberry Pi from Kodi power button - only goes into standby(?)0