EPG no longer loading for the past few weeks
Hi all,

A few weeks ago I noticed that IPTV Simple was no longer loading my EPG data (the channel playlist is still loading and playing). I have tried various things like enabling and disabling the EPG cache storage, clearing the EPG and playlist data in the settings and reloading them but nothing seems to be working. I can see that IPTV Simple is trying to load the data by the notification on the screen, but it only pops up for a second or two before disappearing. I'm running OSMC on a Vero 4K by the way.

Also, the same EPG url works on all of my other IPTV applications like ProgDVB on Windows and Perfect Player on Android etc... The URL also hasn't changed recently and was working without issue previously with IPTV Simple.

Here is a link to my debug log.
(I have removed all references to my IPTV service URL and replaced it with https://IPTVURL or https://IPTVURL&PASS where appropriate.)

Thanks in advance for any help!
You've got a few scripts left from past installs of banned addons (wiki) in there (schism and neptune) which you would be well advised to remove.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-01-14, 12:54)DarrenHill Wrote: You've got a few scripts left from past installs of banned addons (wiki) in there (schism and neptune) which you would be well advised to remove.

Thank you for your reply.

Do I just need to delete the folders related to Schism and Neptune from the Kodi Addons folder? Is there anything else there I should delete? They were installed by the previous owner of the Vero 4K.
With Kodi closed, delete the relevant folders in the addons folder within the kodi directory (in your case I think it will be /home/osmc/.kodi/addons). In that folder you should see a folder for each addon component. You need to remove:

Code:
script.module.schism.common
script.neptune.artwork
script.neptune.metadata

Our forum rules (wiki) do not allow support for any devices containing banned addons (wiki) here. In your case the addons aren't installed, but they've left zombie scripts behind that are still running on your system, which is never a good thing...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-01-14, 14:26)DarrenHill Wrote: With Kodi closed, delete the relevant folders in the addons folder within the kodi directory (in your case I think it will be /home/osmc/.kodi/addons). In that folder you should see a folder for each addon component. You need to remove:
Code:
script.module.schism.common
script.neptune.artwork
script.neptune.metadata

Our forum rules (wiki) do not allow support for any devices containing banned addons (wiki) here. In your case the addons aren't installed, but they've left zombie scripts behind that are still running on your system, which is never a good thing...

Thanks for your help and my apologies about the banned addons. I had no idea they were there. I'm deleting the leftover files now.
Do I need to resubmit the log without the banned addon leftovers in order to get support for my other issue regarding the EPG not loading in IPTV Simple Client?

Thanks again!
No, as the actual addons aren't installed, the log you already submitted should be OK.

As it's a second hand system though, it might be a (last ditch) consideration to reinstall stuff if the IPTV gurus (which doesn't include me) here can't help. Just in case that past life usage has screwed something else up, as those addons in the past have been known to stick their tentacles into all sorts of strange places and generally cause all sorts of unexpected issues even after removal.

Kodi Blog Posts
Has anyone got any suggestions to help fix the problem of the EPG no longer loading?
Is there a Kodi 19 build you can try on your device.

There were a lot of improvements made to EPG code for V19 and it may be that your issue is fixed there.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG no longer loading for the past few weeks0