Kodi randomly freezing/crashing
Hello,

I have the Raspberry4 4GB connected to a TV using HDMI with Kodi running on startup. Note that everything is updated.
As of a few months ago I started getting some issues where Kodi just hangs (date & time show when it stopped working).
This seems to be an issue with Kodi alone because I can access via SSH or Samba.
However, when I try to force a reboot (connecting through SSH) all other accesses become unavailable but the screen still shows Kodi with the date and time of the hang.
I'm at a loss as to what is going on!
I've noticed that sometimes I get a Kodi crashlog (not sure if it's when it freezes or when I try to reboot) but some other times there is no crashlog nor any reason for the freeze.

Any help or suggestion is welcome and I would like to know if anyone has experienced similar problems.

Below is the latest crashlog I got.
https://paste.kodi.tv/kinobacowu.kodi
The error you get is looks like CEC related, so first thing I would do, is disable CEC support in Kodi settings and see if it works.
But on the other end, if it worked fine for you before, and only now you are getting this problem, that might indicate that there is some problem with your Raspbian installation, like filesystem corruption. There is no Kodi packages update for some time now so some system update may be causing it. At least my RPis are working fine but due to some recent problems in updates, I don't update them for some time now.
(2021-01-14, 01:53)rascas Wrote: The error you get is looks like CEC related, so first thing I would do, is disable CEC support in Kodi settings and see if it works.
But on the other end, if it worked fine for you before, and only now you are getting this problem, that might indicate that there is some problem with your Raspbian installation, like filesystem corruption. There is no Kodi packages update for some time now so some system update may be causing it. At least my RPis are working fine but due to some recent problems in updates, I don't update them for some time now.
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, I've disabled CEC in Kodi and the remote still works from my Samsung TV... Maybe it was in fact a conflict.

Will report back if it crashes again or in about a week if it's still running.
Hello,

Just dropping by to say I had one crash and then decided to disable CEC on my TV as well and... No more crashes since then!

Hopefully the Kodi/Raspbian developers can address this in a future update.

Thanks again, rascas !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi randomly freezing/crashing0