Solved Do not delete disconnected movies from the database when updating movies
If you run Update Source command for a disconnected drive, that's rightly aborted with an error message.
But if you run Update selected movies command for movies on a disconnected source, it removes them from the database.
Shouldn't it abort that too because it can't access the data source to update the movie?
Of course it's the user's mistake to run the command for disconnected movies, but it's happening often at least for me, forgetting which sources are currently connected.
as I see in the code, the "available check" is only being done when updating the whole data source.. sounds okay to do the check too for single movie updating
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Thanks!
should be fixed in the build tomorrow
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
It now shows an error that the source is not available and it's skipping, but still removes the movie from the db.
It seems to think the movie has no video file.
you are right - I've followed a wrong idea. Should be better in the next build
Working fine now. Thanks for addressing the issue!
One downside I didn't expect was checking availability takes a while when you update a movie on a connected drive.
For an 8TB HDD, it takes about 20 seconds before starting parsing, keeping reading the drive.

Code:
2021-01-26 17:45:24,845 INFO  [tmmpool-main-task-T7-G26] o.t.c.m.tasks.MovieUpdateDatasourceTask:304 - Start UDS for selected movies
2021-01-26 17:45:44,322 INFO  [tmmpool-update-T1-G27] o.t.c.m.tasks.MovieUpdateDatasourceTask:588 - Parsing single movie directory:

What is it reading during that time and is it really necessary?
you are right - the method I've used there is checking the size of the data source directory (to indicate if the data source is available or not) in a recursive way -> so it is checking the whole data source..

I may need to find a better approach to find out if the data source is connected or not (which is kinda hard cross OS)
Thanks for the quick fix! It's no longer taking much time for checking when connected.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Do not delete disconnected movies from the database when updating movies0