The "SACD Iso Support" Add-on Thread
This Thread is related to the Add-on named "SACD Iso Support" from Author SPIFF. Status today in version 1.0.4.

I hope the Author is participating here and might be able to give some insight and help.

First of all: I am fully exited about the possibility to play Multichannes SACD Files directly from Kodi. Therefore Kotau to the Author!!

Now comes the BUT: From my experience: The current version seems to have some limitations and challenges:
- Only Stereo output, no multichannel
- about 50% of all Iso´s produce only noise
- Cracking Noise at the start of Playback, occasional pauses during Playback
- Occasional crashing of Kodi
- Import into the Kodi Music LibraryProblems: Album not detected. Mixed/Incorrect Info in Artist an Album Name

I have tested the Add-on in 3 different environments (Win8.1, Win10, Android, Kodi 18.2, 18.8 and 18.9) and the outcome seems to be reproduceable. I would be curious if anybody else here can confim my experiences. Any Feedback - especially from the Author - is highly welcome.
After i installed the SACD ISO Support Add-on,  Iso files from BD´s, UHD-BD´s and 3D-BD´s are NOT detected anymore when i try to import new Movies into my Movie Library!

I would urgently ask the Author to comment on this. If the installation of the SACD ISO Support Add-on impacts the handling of non-SACD Iso files then this is not acceptable!!
After De-Installation of this Add-on Video-Iso´s are useable again. Hereby it is confirmed that the problems described above are caused by the SACD Iso Support Add-on.

@SPIFF: This is REALLY BAD! Your Add-on needs some serious rework! You must make sure your Add-on only affects the intended SACD-Iso´s Otherwise you are ruining the Movie Library of everybody using DVD- BD- UHD- ... Iso Files!
Can confirm this. After updating to Kodi 19 Matrix from 18.9 Leia on my Nvidia Shield problems came up all over the place sighs. Mainly opening my .ISO and VIDEO_TS files/dirs. They won't open nor play anymore!

I uninstalled this plugin and luckily can open and read .ISO files again in the Video library.

I still have problems opening DVD .iso files as well as VIDEO_TS folders but they occurred already before I installed this SACD plugin. I am a new member and a bit overwhelmed as to where to ask this exactly... hopefully somebody can help me. I really mainly want to all of my .ISO files and VIDEO_TS folders work again in Kodi 19 Matrix. All worked flawlessly for me under Leia.

I have backed up MOST of my DVD'S and Blu-rays in .ISO format on my Synology NAS so big issue for me of this isn't going to work properly.

Somebody can assist me? Using a Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 with Kodi 19 Matrix now

Thanks in advance!
Hi Ummur-Hubur,
sad to hear that the same problems like under 18.x still exist under 19.0. The only solution i know is to uninstall the addon again, after that, the Iso´s of your Video Files should work again. I see no other option than to wait for the author to tacklle this Issue. But considering that he has never responded to this problem i have little confidence that this will ever happen.

Btw. what is the version number of SACD ISO Support Add-on under Kodi 19.0?
Dear Ummur-Hubur,
as you seem to be the only one who has tested SACD ISO Support Add-on under Kodi 19.0: Can you comment on the following:
- What is the version number under Kodi 19.0?
- Is Multichannel Playback working?
- What is the overall performance under Matrix? Stability? Audio Quality?
- Are Artist-, Album- and Titel-Informations displayed correctly?
The Addon seems to be on the v19 Repo with a new Rev. Number 2.0.0 but when i select it from my shortly updated Kodi 19.0 installation it is displayed with Status "Outdated".

I would highly appreciate if the author could comment on the status of this Add-on and if the above mentioned issues are worked on.
@The Admins: Are you aware that this Add-on is 2x in the v19 Repo:
1) Version 2.0.0 with Status Outdated under thhe Virtual Filesystems
2) Version 0.1.2 with Status Normal under the Audio Decoders

Both with different Authors......Is this intended??
Those are two different addons, the vfs one was the first and was limited to dsd & dsf files only, the audiodecoder one is newer and has more features such as multichannel support.
...thank you jjd-uk! That sounds promissing!!

But still confusing, that different Add-ons have the same name and the newer one has the lower version number....
They do not share any of the same code hence completely different addons with different authors and different versioning. The audiodecoder one is completely new and is based on the sacd plugin for foobar2000.
(2021-02-28, 20:28)jjd-uk Wrote: They do not share any of the same code hence completely different addons with different authors and different versioning. The audiodecoder one is completely new and is based on the sacd plugin for foobar2000.
...ok, understood, thank you!

But still difficult to get to the new version of the Add-on. When i browse for SACD under kodi.tv/addons (all entries)  i get directed to the outdated version under VFS. No Hits for SACD under Audio Decoders.

Is there a wiki page for the newer version as well? And how can i get to it??
@ The Admins: I think we can close this thread here, I will start another one under the correct Add-on Categories Audio Decoders to discuss the new/revised version of the SACD Iso Support Add-on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The "SACD Iso Support" Add-on Thread0