iOS Kodi for ~iPhone
Hi

Sorry if this is a naive question but why is it necessary to jailbreak iOS to install kodi?

Is this a licensing issue or something else that prevents an app for iOS being developed?

Geoff
JB isn't necessary. Have you checked pinned threads? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=245978

If something had prevented an app for iOS being developed, then Kodi for iOS wouldn't have existed at all Smile
(2021-01-17, 20:22)kambala Wrote: JB isn't necessary. Have you checked pinned threads? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=245978

If something had prevented an app for iOS being developed, then Kodi for iOS wouldn't have existed at all Smile

Thanks.  Yes I did see that and tried it but could not get it to work (my error without a doubt).  It also requires reinstallation every 7 days so not that helpful.  I was just interested in why a full iOS app has not been made available in the App Store.

G
main things that prevent us from AppStore are codecs licensing and ability to execute downloaded code (although the latter might not be an issue any more)
Thanks. It seems a shame. It does not stop me as I use VBox and their app works reasonably well. However I think Kodi would expand its influence with a full blown iOS app. If I could help I would but my tech knowledge of iOS is limited.
Hi Kambala (or anyone else),

Pulling my remaining hair out trying to get Kodi installed on my iPhone SE via Xcode and iOS App Signer.

Have gone through all the stuff I can find on the web and still cannot get it to work.  My iMac is not youthful so can only load Xcode 10 and so have had to update the Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certificate Authority certificate manually to the 20 Feb 2030 version after deleting the 7 Feb 2023 version but every time I now try to run the Xcode project with automatic signing, it keeps generating then repairing my signing certificate and provisioning profile.  Each time it adds a new signing certificate to the list in my keychain until I shut Xcode and then clean them all up.

Weirdly it also rebuilds the 7 Feb 2023 Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certificate Authority certificate not once but twice!  Can anyone help me with what is going on?

How can I post a screen shot to show the results of the activity in my KeyChain?  On https://paste.kodi.tv/ ?  or is this just limited to logs?

Geoff
the easiest would be installing unofficial Catalina or using a VM IMO, no idea how to fix that for old Xcode
Thanks Kambala.

I have also posted on the Apple Developers forum.  

I have an iMac late 2010 so may try the Catalina patcher but first, I am downloading the latest Xcode to my wife's machine that runs Mojave to see if that will enable me to crack it.

Will post results back here.

Geoff
most probably wouldn't work on Mojave either as signing with the new cert is available only from Xcode 11.4.1, but Mojave is only capable of 11.3.1
(2021-02-21, 17:20)kambala Wrote: most probably wouldn't work on Mojave either as signing with the new cert is available only from Xcode 11.4.1, but Mojave is only capable of 11.3.1
Yes, you are right.  I am sorry, it is not Mojave but Big Sur on her machine and Xcode 12 loads onto it.

G
Hi Kambala,

Just to let you know that after the painfully slow download of 12 Gig of Xcode 12, it just worked with no problems.  In fact it was more difficult for me to work out how to install my PVR add-on and connect to my VBox!

Now running fine.  Hope I remember what to so when it comes to updating it after the first seven days!

Thanks for taking an interest and trying to help me.

Geoff
Forgot to post back here.  I used my wife's macbook air and it worked fine but it is a pain having to renew every 7 days.  Is there a way out of this so that it can be installed and left installed?
JB or paid Dev account
(2021-03-31, 02:37)Fuzzard Wrote: JB or paid Dev account

OK, thanks.  My IOS is too advanced for JB. Appreciate your time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi for ~iPhone0