Cover and fan art question
Hi all,

I have 3 kodi boxes. One on my TV using Android TV and 1 rasp Pis 3 in different rooms and they all work fine. I have never been able to find anything that works well in keeping both in sync, i did look into the sqlserver db route but was talked down by some members. If i buy and rip a movie i do have to update both rasp pi and android TV which is fine as they are both on the same network just a bit of a pain.

I have bought a new NAS and have an old rasp pi 2 and have set up to use externally (where i have no access to the same network or internet access) and it works great as a standalone media player. I hook it all into my route, copy all the content from my internal NAS to this new NAS, then use the pi player to scrape the covers etc then take externally and it works fine.

I have now noticed that there are some mistakes with the cover and fan art scraping and have to bring the kodi and nas back to my internet to refresh.

Is there a better way to handle this centrally, something like a media manager? I did look at media managers many years ago and was told that by holding the images on the nas it would be slower than on the player. Managing 3 boxes seperate is just proving a bit painful on time and with one being on seperate nas and network i wondered if it was worth reviewing this again and would like any thoughts? Im thinking if this puts images in the movie folders then when i copy from nas to nas all will be done for me?

Thanks
Hi there.

I haven't learned more about Kodi, so I am not entirely sure how to handle this.

I'm sure more replies from other people will come in and they will have a suggestion.
(2021-01-18, 20:00)Over Wrote: I haven't learned more about Kodi, so I am not entirely sure how to handle this.
Please use the wiki's and forums to enlighten and de-mystify, sometimes not answering a question will have the effect of bringing solutions from knowledgeable people who are not readily available, yet notice the lack of response when they have the opportunity. OTH: if a message has a reply on first blush, most helpful users will skip that post in favour of those without a response. Saying you don't know how to handle a post, should be your clue; to not interject your uncertainty into the thread.
(2021-01-18, 18:19)Ngac Wrote: Managing 3 boxes seperate is just proving a bit painful
I do have three 'boxes' (well four or five but only two online at any given time). I don't keep a central NAS, my media is stored on hard drives scattered about, some connected to my router, others to external drives, but the vast majority are on a windows PC, all sources connected via smb: or networked. I keep the PC Kodi scraped and up-to-date, the other satellite Kodi installs only have select remote PC sources and localized scrape updates (never get any meta-data other than what the main media centre offers) to those networked sources, seems to work well. I have been temped to go NAS Syncing and sharing (wiki) using MySQL or Maria D but I like to keep control over familiar territory, networking databases is not my specialty and the cost of a quality NAS is prohibitive.

The big benefit of a NAS is 

sharing video files, (I don't seem to have an issue with my present set-up)
watched status, (I do know what I watch, no other users here)
some settings. (duh, well my settings, skins are different on all units)
redundancy (is not a proper back-up)

Goes to the old saying it's not broke don't fix-it.

P.S.->some mistakes with the cover and fan art; can this be corrected via the 'information page' extras... chose art?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cover and fan art question0