Android Music not scanning to library
Ok so I am at a loss completely. I have no idea what to do and I'm not a computer technician.
So I have moved all my music, movies and TV shows to a synology nas. And its a great decision, simplifies what I need to do in many ways.
But for some reason when I scan my music file from nfs on kodi it does not install it into kodi. Then when I try and clock onto the album and go information. And query album info. It send up and extended script error and it won't give me the album info. No problems at all with movies or TV shows. Just the frigging albums.
When I had my portable hard drive connected via nvidea shield directly never had a problem. When I had it connected via my nighthawk router not a problem. Just a problem now. Why is this happening please help me
Are you using kodi's nfs option or is your source mounted to the file system via nfs?
Any special characters in the path or share name?
(2021-01-20, 16:33)Uatschitchun Wrote: Are you using kodi's nfs option or is your source mounted to the file system via nfs?
Any special characters in the path or share name?

Yes using nfs in kodi to get files i can see the files in the music folder. I can play them. But I can not scan the information. So meaning I can't get the proper song name and artist info linking. And album cover
@nathanpetric1982

Provide a Debug Log and we should be able to discover the problem.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-01-20, 20:07)Karellen Wrote: @nathanpetric1982

Provide a Debug Log and we should be able to discover the problem.

I have no idea how to do that as I'm using nvidea shield for kodi. And know nothing about logs or how to do any of that.
(2021-01-21, 00:21)nathanpetric1982 Wrote: I have no idea how to do that as I'm using nvidea shield for kodi. And know nothing about logs or how to do any of that.
Why do you think I gave you the link to the guide then? Debug Log

Blue text is universal for "click me I am a link"
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-01-21, 01:54)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-01-21, 00:21)nathanpetric1982 Wrote: I have no idea how to do that as I'm using nvidea shield for kodi. And know nothing about logs or how to do any of that.

Yea I will have to wait till later and put on the computer I did the log and its coming up with some error createloader error unsupported protocol error
You need to set NFS permissions in Synology DSM giving each NAS Share the IP address of your Kodi box and enabling read access.
(2021-01-21, 06:12)HomerJau Wrote: You need to set NFS permissions in Synology DSM giving each NAS Share the IP address of your Kodi box and enabling read access.

What do u mean I gave all folders read and write permission..is that what your talking about

So I have tried this using log viewer for kodi both on computer and nvidea shield I have no idea literally im at a complete loss wow...I have no idea what to do
(2021-01-21, 13:40)nathanpetric1982 Wrote:

So I have tried this using log viewer for kodi both on computer and nvidea shield I have no idea literally im at a complete loss wow...I have no idea what to do
I have no idea how to copy and paste or nothing
@nathanpetric1982

Ok, lets go through this one step at a time.

Tell me about the first step. Where did you get stuck?
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music not scanning to library0