Is there a special build apk for use with the Sony XBR Android tvs?
I know I can install the apk file from the Play Store on the Sony Android TV which I have done, no problem.  The issue I had was it got corrupted at one point and needed reinstalled.  On the TV, the only option I have once installed is to Open or Uninstall.  Open wouldn't work so I had to Uninstall and then reinstall.  This was doable, but I had to rescan all my libraries for my files on the NAS and is quite time consuming.  On a Windows machine I can install over top without the need to rescan my libraries.

I wanted to know if there is a special Kodi build for a Sony TV.  It says it is 18.9 the same as the rest.  The only difference I see from the Windows file is when you exit there are 3 or 4 options whereas the Sony TV only has 1.  It has been years since I have installed Kodi on an Android box of any type until I just bought these Sony TVs I have strictly used the Windows version on computers attached to the TV. 

I added a USB HD to the TV and have the Kodi apk file downloaded from here sitting on the drive now in the event I need to reinstall it again.  I was in hopes I could sideload it from the USB drive rather than installing from the Play Store to prevent the need to uninstall first and rescan.  Thought I'd check to see if there was a special build or not before I attempt to install the apk from here.

Thanks in advance.
No special build just the normal Play store builds or builds from http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/
(2021-01-21, 18:39)jjd-uk Wrote: No special build just the normal Play store builds or builds from http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/

Thanks for the reply.  However I discovered today that the Sony TV will not allow me to install the Kodi apk from the attached HD anyway.  I tried.  It only allows the version from the play store.  I had another Kodi build on a different TV get corrupted today and was forced to do a factory reset, reinstall and rescan, but I got it done.  It wasn't really corrupt I don't think, but rather the internal storage filled up and whatever file it wanted to create on startup (if it does) had not enough space on storage to open Kodi. 

I had moved storage to the USB drive from the internal storage and have no idea why the internal storage filled up, or with what.  I didn't think it would write any more data to the internal drive but it did.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a special build apk for use with the Sony XBR Android tvs?0