Addon to periodically send sound through the speakers to keep them from sleeping
I would like to either find or make an addon that sends a short piece of audio through the speakers every hour or so, to prevent them from going into standby mode, because when it does this, you need to manually 'wake' them up by pressing the power button, and I want to use kodi as an alarm clock.

I know there is the setting to keep audio device alive, however this doesn't work (maybe the audio isn't loud enough?). Also this may keep the audio device constantly playing, which may use more power or cause more wear over long period of time (so it's like two modes of standby maybe, the official standby mode where it's 'off', and the internal standby mode where it powers up the internal amp to play audio)

Ideally this wouldn't change the now-playing within kodi, just send audio. Also it would ideally not send any audio when some media is already being played.

This could also be useful for announcing the time every hour maybe, that would be a nice option.
I've found an alternative, I'm using the cron on the distro instead, so don't need an addon.
Doesnt 'keep audio device alive' in audio settings do this?
(2021-01-25, 19:17)Atreyu Wrote: Doesnt 'keep audio device alive' in audio settings do this?

My speakers don't stay awake with such a low volume, infact even playing something audible yet pretty quiet doesn't keep them awake.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Addon to periodically send sound through the speakers to keep them from sleeping0