• 3(current)
Release Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV
hey thanks for the app but it dosnt trigger dolby vision on my sony xh90(x900h)
(2021-01-24, 22:36)Tartifless Wrote:
(2021-01-24, 21:07)kinggo Wrote:
(2021-01-24, 16:21)Tartifless Wrote: The only issue is that some movies did not launch a5 first play (kodi goes back to the movie list) and i had to hit multiple times the play button to get them started.
However, once started, there was no issue.

Very good job.

not sure that this has anything to do with DV. Or shield.I mean, I'm using RC1 on a SONY TV and this happens even with files that don't have any HDR format. Trying to replicate that with debugging is.......well, maybe one day if I leave debug on all the time.
It has, it is even stated in the original post as 9ne of the issues.
With normal RC Kodi release no issue at all, but no DV.
I know. Just saying that the same thing happens on regular RC1 with non HDR mkv files. So there might be something else entirely and not just DV. But can't make it happen when I want so still no log.
(2021-01-24, 21:01)fandangos Wrote: Took my time this weekend to work on having libbluray working on Android.
Spoiler, it's almost impossible without a proper java libjvm.so library to use. If someone has one working on Android (the one from Termux doesn't work) let me know and we can all enjoy full blurays and uhd blurays on Android devices.
[offtopic]That would be really awesome, although I have no idea how to help with that. Hope someone with Java knowledge can jump in![/offtopic]
(2021-01-24, 18:33)hoppel118 Wrote:
(2021-01-24, 16:22)blackreign66 Wrote: I find that DV is triggered on my 2019 shield pro regardless if DV is activated in settings. When it’s not activated, the only movie that won’t trigger DV is Gemini Man, DV has to be activated for it to trigger. I’m using an 18.9 build from @sk83 by the way

Interesting finding, will check that.

Yes, you are right. [email protected] and [email protected] trigger dv at my display, even though dv is not activated in the shield settings. Gemini Man ([email protected]) doesn't trigger dv.
(2021-01-24, 21:01)fandangos Wrote: Reverted to 100 and here's a test build.

Thanks again for all the work and time you investigate.
(2021-01-24, 21:01)fandangos Wrote: Tested with Gemini Man from google drive, so it's the worst case scenario, I can only see stuttering during one of the film making company's logo, the one with lava or a red sun. 
Nothing during the video.

If you still experience it try changing the number of frames to 2. 

What do you mean by "number of frames to 2"? Reducing the "number of buffers used by graphics driver" from 3 to 2? (This didn’t work.)
(2021-01-24, 21:01)fandangos Wrote: Please, test, and I hope it fix the problem for you:

Sadly, this build has the same micro stutter with Gemini Man.

But @blackreign66 's finding brought me to the idea to check, if this is also the case with Kodi 18.9. So I installed @sk83 custom Kodi 18.9 build from here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2997742

and configured the following advancedsettings.xml

xml:
<advancedsettings>
<cache>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<memorysize>157286400</memorysize>
<readfactor>20</readfactor>
</cache>
</advancedsettings>

Ahaaaa!!! This build plays Gemini Man without micro stutter. Big Grin

So I installed @sk83 Kodi 19 custom build from here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2998174

and configured the the following advancedsettings.xml from here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2998093

Beng, there is the issue again.

Conclusion: The issue lies in the Kodi Matrix code basis.

I will ask the other German Kodinerds user with this issue to check it again with @sk83 Kodi 18.9 custom build.

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2021-01-25, 01:03)tvwatchzz Wrote: hey thanks for the app but it dosnt trigger dolby vision on my sony xh90(x900h)

It works fine for me....

But please make a 18.9 32bit build, not everybody has a shield pro.
Sorry for the confusion. It seems to work with one of sk83 Kodi 18.9 custom builds, but only in specific constellations.

I corrected the links in my last post.

For the moment it seems to work, but I have to do more tests to make sure my finding is correct. This will need some time.

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2021-01-25, 02:37)Angelots Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 01:03)tvwatchzz Wrote: hey thanks for the app but it dosnt trigger dolby vision on my sony xh90(x900h)

It works fine for me....

You mean it's working on the kodi app on sony xh90 tv or the Nvidia connected to the sony xh90 with the app on Nvidia?

That's now what I'm saying. On Disney plus it's triggering the dolby vision on my sony xh90, but this new kodi modified app dosnt work with dolby vision it dosnt not trigger it for me, so how can I fix this? Can anyone help?
Not what I'm saying *

On Disney plus it's triggering the dolby vision on my sony xh90, but this new kodi modified app dosnt work with dolby vision it dosnt not trigger it for me, so how can I fix this? Can anyone help?
(2021-01-25, 03:54)tvwatchzz Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 02:37)Angelots Wrote:

It works fine for me....

You mean it's working on the kodi app on sony xh90 tv or the Nvidia connected to the sony xh90 with the app on Nvidia?

That's now what I'm saying. On Disney plus it's triggering the dolby vision on my sony xh90, but this new kodi modified app dosnt work with dolby vision it dosnt not trigger it for me, so how can I fix this? Can anyone help?

Like I said Kodi app on the xh90 triggers dv for me. Only thing I am missing that probably never will get fixed is Dolby truehd.
(2021-01-23, 00:02)fandangos Wrote: When reading the readme to compile, you need to switch to Leia branch.
The ndk is much older.
Tried the r20 NDK, same errors.
It fails at making tools/depends/target/pcre.
I remember having this erros with my android sdk path was wrong.

I already have my notebook with matrix 32b and my main PC with matrix 64.

So I can't help with Leia.
(2021-01-25, 04:29)Angelots Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 02:37)Angelots Wrote: It works fine for me....

Like I said Kodi app on the xh90 triggers dv for me. Only thing I am missing that probably never will get fixed is Dolby truehd.

I have the sony xh90 dolby vision is working perfectly on Disney plus! So nothing wrong with my TV, something wrong with the coding of the app

For me dolby true HD 7,1 works perfectly fine! So how can true HD work for me and not dolby vision and for you dolby vision works but not true HD? We have the same tvs

So any advice how to trigger the dolby vision on the app for me? If we have the same tvs sony xh90 and it works for you that means maybe I did something wrong
(2021-01-25, 05:01)tvwatchzz Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 03:54)tvwatchzz Wrote: You mean it's working on the kodi app on sony xh90 tv or the Nvidia connected to the sony xh90 with the app on Nvidia?

So any advice how to trigger the dolby vision on the app for me? If we have the same tvs sony xh90 and it works for you that means maybe I did something wrong
Or your files are not encoded correctly?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV0