• 5(current)
Release Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV
(2021-01-25, 19:51)goldenegg Wrote: What about MOV format? Is DV support planned for that in the future?

If FFMpeg add support I don't why not.
Wink 
(2021-01-25, 20:02)quietvoid Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 19:54)fera27 Wrote: Maybe my problem is that they are DL?
Here is what MediaInfo_GUI_20.09 says for the first movie:
https://paste.kodi.tv/aluxowerij

Second movie:
https://paste.kodi.tv/cuhijewoca

Thanks Smile

Dual track is unsupported.

As I thought when I wrote my message Big Grin 

What are my options here? Can I:
  1. Remove the not-DV track from mp4 (are any muxers support DV at this moment)?
  2. Can I remux it with the required DV track into an mkv (are any mkv muxers support dv mp4 at this moment)?
  3. If I have a single layer, but in .ts, will it play in Kodi? Or only MKV and MP4?
Huh
(2021-01-25, 18:40)kinggo Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 17:23)tvwatchzz Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 13:55)Angelots Wrote: If your Dolby truehd works within the Kodi android app of your tv than you have a gold mine, because nobody has done that yet, so dm me the photo or place to t here, I will check my settings so I can help you with the dv problem

Here's the photo of true HD 7,1 working
https://pasteboard.co/JLi3fCn.jpg

And the file is a Mkv and it's working on my friends kodi without problem but for me dolby vision ain't triggering

way off here.......and, no, that's not what you think it is.

That’s exactly what I thought when I saw the picture.

Because you r playing an truehd file doesn’t mean it’s streaming truehd, it’s probably downmixing it...
(2021-01-25, 15:42)blackreign66 Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 14:03)Angelots Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 13:56)fandangos Wrote: I have updated the main post with the Leia situation.

The Leia build my @sk83 isn't updated with the changes @quietvoid made.
So to avoid more confusion I would rather have all versions in sink with each other but I can't work on 4 different versions at once.

Thanks for your effort brother, but there has to be somebody that could take over the 18.9 builds

If I knew how to do it, I definitely would...

I’m currently using this 18.9 build with advancedsettings.xml from @sk83 and it works like 95% of the time. I have approximately 210 profile 7 dv mkv movies and I rarely have one that doesn’t trigger dv the first time. It even works without having dv activated in shield pro. You should give it a try.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2998093

Thanks for the help, but unfortunately like I said before, I need a 32b version, I have yet to encounter an 18.9 32bit build for dv. All of them are 64bit
(2021-01-25, 17:23)tvwatchzz Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 13:55)Angelots Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 11:43)tvwatchzz Wrote: No my files are coded correctly, tried on my fiend lg oled tv with the same movie on this modified kodi and dolby vision works perfectly for him. So it's not my files, it's something to do with this kodi app that dosnt trigger dolby vision on sony xh90, dolby atmos True HD 7.1 does work thou can even send a photo of dolby atmos 7.1 working but dolby vision ain't

If your Dolby truehd works within the Kodi android app of your tv than you have a gold mine, because nobody has done that yet, so dm me the photo or place to t here, I will check my settings so I can help you with the dv problem

Here's the photo of true HD 7,1 working
https://pasteboard.co/JLi3fCn.jpg

And the file is a Mkv and it's working on my friends kodi without problem but for me dolby vision ain't triggering

Try testing these files :

https://www.makemkv.com/download/dvtest/
(2021-01-25, 20:07)fera27 Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 20:02)quietvoid Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 19:54)fera27 Wrote: Maybe my problem is that they are DL?
Here is what MediaInfo_GUI_20.09 says for the first movie:
https://paste.kodi.tv/aluxowerij

Second movie:
https://paste.kodi.tv/cuhijewoca

Thanks Smile

Dual track is unsupported.

2. Can I remux it with the required DV track into an mkv (are any mkv muxers support dv mp4 at this moment)?
  3. If I have a single layer, but in .ts, will it play in Kodi? Or only MKV and MP4?
Huh

The latest Tsmuxer supports DV. You’ll have to convert your .ts file to .mkv!
(2021-01-25, 20:23)MyTull Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 20:07)fera27 Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 20:02)quietvoid Wrote: Dual track is unsupported.

Huh

And how? Sad
What is the data flow here? .ts file -> Tsmuxer: mux into iso -> makemkv: mux into mkv?
(2021-01-25, 20:32)fera27 Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 20:23)MyTull Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 20:07)fera27 Wrote: As I thought when I wrote my message Big Grin 

Huh

And how? Sad
What is the data flow here? .ts file -> Tsmuxer: mux into iso -> makemkv: mux into mkv?

This is what works for me:

.ts file -> MKVToolNix -> MakeMKV

MKVToolNix hasn’t been updated to support DV yet so the mkv file it creates doesn’t have the DV data. Fortunately MakeMKV restores that DV data!

Sometimes MKVToolNix doesn’t recognize the videotrack in the .ts file. In that case the data flow is:

.ts file -> Tsmuxer -> MKVToolNix -> MakeMKV

The extra first step creates a new .ts file that is compatible with MKVToolNix. There might be better ways to do this but this is the only way I know of atm.
Thank you for all of your work on this. The 64bit build works perfectly on my Shield Pro - direct plays TrueHD/DTS audio and DV in .mkv. I don't think there's much this client can't do to be honest!
I agree, in fact, Kodi is the only one which reproduce forced flagged captions on PGS subtitles, so you don't need to extract them to a separate track. So it is the perfect player for MKV bluray backups.
(2021-01-25, 23:21)Orcworm Wrote: Thank you for all of your work on this. The 64bit build works perfectly on my Shield Pro - direct plays TrueHD/DTS audio and DV in .mkv. I don't think there's much this client can't do to be honest!

Hello there, exactly which 64bit version are you using on your shield PRO ?
hi everyone,

first of all thanks to everyone here for the great work ;-)

I recently became the owner of a shield tv pro (2019). Unfortunately I can't get any of the DV releases from here to work properly on my shield.  All KODI 19 (18.9) versions have some kind of problem. Starting with stuttering up to abrupt termination of a movie...

I was about to give up until I tried this version yesterday. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2997742
The build of sk83 (kodiapp-arm64-v8a-timeout-15k.apk) works fine and stable. This build passed all stress tests without any problems. No stuttering and no crashes.

Maybe this is another way to get a working 19 RC version?!
Except for micro stuttering reported for just a few in a few movies, to not say just one it's a very bold statement saying none of the matrix 19 versions work.

Specially if you read the old thread and this one and notice that many with the nvidia shield pro actually use the matrix 19 version without any issue.
Hi all, newbie here just registrered just to say I cannot thank you guys enough that its now possible to play DV files on Shield. I have the modified exoplayer and it always works like a charm. Maybe I'm not an expert enough but I dont see that 'red colour bug' in Dolby Vision as many others see the image just looks stunning on Kodi/Exoplayer and DV files. Some people say its fixed in the latest Shield update but I cannot find confirmation. I do have one more question, I miss playing videofiles in Kodi (for DV I must use Exoplayer) do you gusy recommend I try one of the builds which enable DV in Kodi videoplayer or just wait for an official build but that make take a year if I am correct? How stable is the 64 bit build that is availlable here that plays DV with Kodi video? Can I replace that with my official Kodi build (18.9) or use them both, 18.9 for anything except DV and for DV the build here available? I rather have one (like now I  just have Kodi 18.9 with the modified exoplayer). Also the frame rate is buttersmooth on all DV files with the Exoplayer.

THANKS AGAIN FOR MAKING THIS HAPPEN!
(2021-01-26, 13:35)Jason Voorhees Wrote: Hi all, newbie here just registrered just to say I cannot thank you guys enough that its now possible to play DV files on Shield. I have the modified exoplayer and it always works like a charm. Maybe I'm not an expert enough but I dont see that 'red colour bug' in Dolby Vision as many others see the image just looks stunning on Kodi/Exoplayer and DV files. Some people say its fixed in the latest Shield update but I cannot find confirmation. I do have one more question, I miss playing videofiles in Kodi (for DV I must use Exoplayer) do you gusy recommend I try one of the builds which enable DV in Kodi videoplayer or just wait for an official build but that make take a year if I am correct? How stable is the 64 bit build that is availlable here that plays DV with Kodi video? Can I replace that with my official Kodi build (18.9) or use them both, 18.9 for anything except DV and for DV the build here available? I rather have one (like now I  just have Kodi 18.9 with the modified exoplayer). Also the frame rate is buttersmooth on all DV files with the Exoplayer.

THANKS AGAIN FOR MAKING THIS HAPPEN!

Will Exoplayer pass Dolby Atmos ? Does it play internal/external subtitles ?  Thanks in advance for your reply.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV0