• 14(current)
Release Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV
(2021-02-20, 16:54)fandangos Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 16:45)Angelots Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 16:41)fandangos Wrote: I had the same error with pcres or some other addon that I can't remember. 

You can always try to build this iconv again with
$ make -C target/iconv distclean
or whatever the folder it is or name it has. 

But even trying that I could never figure out Leia too.

Maybe @fritsch have some idea?

This wasn’t even the only thing, had some other errors I had to tweak so it would work until this point. The tutorial is definitely outdated

The tutorial is not outdated but probably a few things changed since the old days of Leia. 

To be really honest with you, I see no reason to use Leia, at all.
Uless you need some outdated addon and in this case, you are doing the work backwards, instead of trying to compile Leia, you should ask the addon developer to bring it to python 3.

You probably right, but asking several developers to finally switch over to python3 when they should of already been doing it is not something easy and seeing that a lot is of people are saying dv on leia is much smoother than matrix, is/was 2 of the reasons I wanted to put effort in Leia. Otherwise of course I want to use matrix above Leia
(2021-02-20, 01:46)fandangos Wrote: I'll try but no promises.

I'm really short on time my kid is almost here so this is taking a lot of time to have everything ready.

Congratulations @fandangos!
(2021-02-20, 18:43)Angelots Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 16:54)fandangos Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 16:45)Angelots Wrote: This wasn’t even the only thing, had some other errors I had to tweak so it would work until this point. The tutorial is definitely outdated

The tutorial is not outdated but probably a few things changed since the old days of Leia. 

To be really honest with you, I see no reason to use Leia, at all.
Uless you need some outdated addon and in this case, you are doing the work backwards, instead of trying to compile Leia, you should ask the addon developer to bring it to python 3.

You probably right, but asking several developers to finally switch over to python3 when they should of already been doing it is not something easy and seeing that a lot is of people are saying dv on leia is much smoother than matrix, is/was 2 of the reasons I wanted to put effort in Leia. Otherwise of course I want to use matrix above Leia

I agree. I can’t use any build of Matrix without micro stuttering in non-DV 1080p content on the Shield, I don’t think it’s time to trash Leia just yet. Seems to be an issue some have with DV and others have with regular 1080p content. I have no idea why and it seems to vary person to person. I can’t really find any information on why it might happen. Sticking with Leia for now, it plays back everything silkily smooth. I would like to use Matrix of course, but smooth playback is more important.
Build with Kodi 19 Matrix final release:

64bits:
https://mega.nz/file/WdlQ0Z7Y#EKxhKO-Je3...g5VGhwlhjw

32bits:
https://mega.nz/file/Dc1gQZhA#NMwYiC8Pxf...F_LxBxQj-o

32bits version untested. 

This version has the changes for bluray menu support discussed here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360250
because it doesn't interfere with Dolby Vision MKV playback and I don't have to compile 2 different builds.

About bluray menu support for the 32bits version: I'm struggling to compile the 32bits version of JRE, so bluray menu support only on 64bits and with the addon needed. 

For Dolby Vision, let me know if it works and if it makes any difference in the stuttering.
If everything goes well, I'll update the first post.
I have Sony XH90 and Fire TV Cube. Yesterday I tried previous release on both. Worker perfect with mp4 (DV 5 profile) and mkv (DV 8 profile). Today I tried it again, but the MKV file doesn't work on the Fire Cube. It still works with same version Kodi installed on the TV. Strange... I tried everything... restart, cleaning cache, uninstall. Still won't work on Fire Cube. Doesn't show any error, just trying to play for half a second and stays at the main screen. Tried tens of times...
I just tried the new release. Same thing... The MP4 is still playable correct. Any ideas?

PS: Sorry for my english, it's not my native!
(2021-02-21, 20:28)Martolk Wrote: I have Sony XH90 and Fire TV Cube. Yesterday I tried previous release on both. Worker perfect with mp4 (DV 5 profile) and mkv (DV 8 profile). Today I tried it again, but the MKV file doesn't work on the Fire Cube. It still works with same version Kodi installed on the TV. Strange... I tried everything... restart, cleaning cache, uninstall. Still won't work on Fire Cube. Doesn't show any error, just trying to play for half a second and stays at the main screen. Tried tens of times...
I just tried the new release. Same thing... The MP4 is still playable correct. Any ideas?

PS: Sorry for my english, it's not my native!

You are trying with a single file?
Do you have different mkv files to test?

I once had this problem but it was with a bluray disc (iso).
Even uninstalling the file would not play again.
It was a SMB (samba) problem.
I tested with one and the same MKV file. I will try with other one. Thank You for the selfless efforts and the fast reply!
(2021-02-21, 19:33)fandangos Wrote: Build with Kodi 19 Matrix final release:

64bits:
https://mega.nz/file/WdlQ0Z7Y#EKxhKO-Je3...g5VGhwlhjw

32bits:
https://mega.nz/file/Dc1gQZhA#NMwYiC8Pxf...F_LxBxQj-o

32bits version untested. 

This version has the changes for bluray menu support discussed here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360250
because it doesn't interfere with Dolby Vision MKV playback and I don't have to compile 2 different builds.

About bluray menu support for the 32bits version: I'm struggling to compile the 32bits version of JRE, so bluray menu support only on 64bits and with the addon needed. 

For Dolby Vision, let me know if it works and if it makes any difference in the stuttering.
If everything goes well, I'll update the first post.
Trying to install the 64 bit version like I always did before using X-plorer. It'll say Staging app... then black screen, then ask me if I want to install it. After clicking install, it'll tell me "App not installed". Any idea why? Thank you
I have tested the 64 bits version and it installed fine on my end.

Sometimes the Shield is stuck in a read only state.
Try to reboot one or two times, or just create a blank txt and try to copy it to another folder.
This might fix it.

But besides that, I don't know.
(2021-02-21, 22:57)fandangos Wrote: I have tested the 64 bits version and it installed fine on my end.

Sometimes the Shield is stuck in a read only state.
Try to reboot one or two times, or just create a blank txt and try to copy it to another folder.
This might fix it.

But besides that, I don't know.

Ok I rebooted once and it didn't work. So I cleared the cache and then rebooted again and now it's successfully installed. I will now test my mkv DV movies and see if they work. Thank you!
The new release was automatically installed on my shield when i started the app, but my mkv files with DV do not work somehow. It always shows normal "HDR" in the right corner of the TV (LG C9). When i use PLEX it shows the DV Logo.
(2021-02-22, 07:23)UberJaeger Wrote: The new release was automatically installed on my shield when i started the app, but my mkv files with DV do not work somehow. It always shows normal "HDR" in the right corner of the TV (LG C9). When i use PLEX it shows the DV Logo.

Hum,

The new release shouldn't be installed when you start the app.
It should be installed by you, copying the apk provided in this thread to the shield and installing with a file browser.

In case you did that, let me know if the previews apk worked and this one doesn't.
Both should work since the DV code is the same.

And let me know if you used the 32 or 64 bits version.
(2021-02-22, 09:20)fandangos Wrote:
(2021-02-22, 07:23)UberJaeger Wrote: The new release was automatically installed on my shield when i started the app, but my mkv files with DV do not work somehow. It always shows normal "HDR" in the right corner of the TV (LG C9). When i use PLEX it shows the DV Logo.

Hum,

The new release shouldn't be installed when you start the app.
It should be installed by you, copying the apk provided in this thread to the shield and installing with a file browser.

In case you did that, let me know if the previews apk worked and this one doesn't.
Both should work since the DV code is the same.

And let me know if you used the 32 or 64 bits version.

Good morning, I installed the final version of Kodi 19 on android tv and it no longer plays Dolby Vision, the RC1 version played them directly, with stutters, but it played them.
Has this option been removed or does something have to be done separately?
Thanks in advance
Do not comment on the previous message and I will not edit it.  Rofl
I downloaded the final version from this link:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/
(2021-02-21, 19:33)fandangos Wrote: Build with Kodi 19 Matrix final release:

Thanks for taking the time to create these builds! I installed the 64-bit one on my Shield Pro 2019 and everything still works fine as before.

@alestew The link you downloaded from contains the official Kodi 19 Matrix final version. That does not have the ability to play Dolby Vision MKV files. You need to download the version that @fandangos posted here:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3015403
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV0