v18 Unable to set content type for source
I upgraded from Ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04.  Idiot.

At this point (2 days later) I can watch shows it I browse to them in the file manager.  I can't update my library.  I believe the issue is that I can't set the content type to TV Shows.  Nothing updates, even though it asks me if I want to refresh it.  When I check the content type again, its still set to NONE.

I see the following when in debug mode and setting the content type:

[snip]
2021-01-22 12:22:03.827 T:139964144552640   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (contenttype) was not found.
2021-01-22 12:22:03.827 T:139964144552640   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (scraperlist) was not found.
2021-01-22 12:22:03.827 T:139964144552640   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (scrapersettings) was not found.
2021-01-22 12:22:03.827 T:139964144552640   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (containssingleitem) was not found.
2021-01-22 12:22:03.827 T:139964144552640   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (noupdating) was not found.
[snip]

My movie section doesn't update either, but I haven't pulled logs for that yet.
@Arcais

Can you please upload the full log to Kodi Paste Site and provide the link. It might reveal more info on what is causing the problem.

Ensure debug mode is enabled in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi and replicate the problem.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
https://paste.kodi.tv/utayezewak.kodi
Nope, no good. Not sure what you gave me there but it is not a Debug Log.

Please read the guide- Debug Log
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
yup, that was garbage.  Here's a clean log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/faruronisa.kodi
Yep, that is it. Unfortunately you are jammed packed full of addons that are banned from this forum. You will need to remove all these for assistance in the forum, though it would be easier to start fresh with a new install.

Please read our Forum Rules and view our example list of Banned Add-ons (wiki).

But the problem is pretty clear and evident in your log. Scroll through it looking for Error
My Signature
(2021-01-22, 23:13)Arcais Wrote: yup, that was garbage.  Here's a clean log:

Your idea of a 'clean log' differs from ours. I'd say we can easily name you this week's winner of banned add-ons by a lot.
Most of my addons are broken anyway.  I was looking for a reason to blow it out.  This time I dumped the .kodi directory as well.  

All clean and its working as expected now.  Thanks
(2021-01-23, 00:00)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-01-22, 23:13)Arcais Wrote: yup, that was garbage.  Here's a clean log:

Your idea of a 'clean log' differs from ours. I'd say we can easily name you this week's winner of banned add-ons by a lot.

I had reinstalled several times over a wizard install I did in the past.  I dumped the kodi directory this time.
Either way, I'm sure there is a bell ringing somewhere followed by "SHAME"
Not so much as shame, consider it more like a wake-up call for you.
Setups with such add-ons simply have no place on the Kodi forum.
(2021-01-23, 00:09)Arcais Wrote: Either way, I'm sure there is a bell ringing somewhere followed by "SHAME"
There probably is!

Ultimately - AIUI - it's not just the fact that some addons are banned, but also that an increasing amount of addons also increases potential risk of instability (not always the case, but each addon introduces another uncertainty) plus contaminates logfiles with extraneous entries that slow down diagnosis and analysis.

I'm guessing the devs would find it a lot easier if the issue could be replicated with all addons scrubbed and Kodi restarted from afresh as there will be a lot less to wade through and discount.  I know that's a somewhat tall order and an unrealistic demand in many cases, but I know what it's like trying to solve a customer problem when instead of 50 lines to examine, the logfile is over 500 and you run the risk of discounting/missing the important information due to camouflage blindness.

I've yet to see any dev here respond with a curt "it's your problem, google your own fix" (and the culture here suggests it'll rarely happen) but when people make it hard for devs to help solve the problem, they're trying patience!  (not saying you are, Arcais!  This is a general observation and in no way intended to be judgement upon you.)
Same issue. Cant select source as "TV Shows" or "Music Videos". Only "Movies" and "None" works.

https://paste.kodi.tv/iquremurag.kodi

Please help.
@AlexSAlex

Maybe you can point to what I am supposed to see in that snippet? Otherwise post the full Debug Log thanks.

Also provide a screenshot of the screen where TV Shows and Music Videos is missing.
My Signature
(2021-10-08, 00:56)AlexSAlex Wrote: Same issue. Cant select source as "TV Shows" or "Music Videos". Only "Movies" and "None" works.

Please help.

This has been haunting me for days. I finally managed to set "TV Shows" source type by pure luck, doing the following steps:

Get to the "Set content" dialog - either through adding a source, or browsing the directory, and right-click, select "set content"

1. Select "This directory contains" and choose "Movies"
2. Again select the "This directory contains", but now choose "TV Shows" - notice that the dialog remains displaying "Movies"
3. Now select "Choose information provider" - choose the previously unavailable "TMDb TV Shows" scraper - notice that the source type switches to "TV shows"
4. Select the "OK" button

The shows will now be loaded, parsed etc.

For whom it may concern, this feels like an UX issue, if not outright bug; expected intuitive behaviour would be to
1. Select "This directory contains" and choose "TV Shows" - the scraper should automatically get set to "TMDb TV Shows" and content type to "TV shows".

This issue was present on a fresh install of xbian on RPI 4B, which arrives with Kodi 19.2, and also when I updated to 19.3. Same issue was observed on OSMC-loaded Kodi. Since I am just playing with this now, and can still afford to nuke/rebuild the setup, I can try a manual install of some other bare OS (raspbian?) and manual install of Kodi and post some log files if that could help the dev team identify and fix this issue. Please advise on what would be most useful to proceed.
(2021-10-27, 12:04)snarez Wrote:
(2021-10-08, 00:56)AlexSAlex Wrote: Same issue. Cant select source as "TV Shows" or "Music Videos". Only "Movies" and "None" works.

Please help.

This has been haunting me for days. I finally managed to set "TV Shows" source type by pure luck, doing the following steps:

Get to the "Set content" dialog - either through adding a source, or browsing the directory, and right-click, select "set content"

1. Select "This directory contains" and choose "Movies"
2. Again select the "This directory contains", but now choose "TV Shows" - notice that the dialog remains displaying "Movies"
3. Now select "Choose information provider" - choose the previously unavailable "TMDb TV Shows" scraper - notice that the source type switches to "TV shows"
4. Select the "OK" button

The shows will now be loaded, parsed etc.

For whom it may concern, this feels like an UX issue, if not outright bug; expected intuitive behaviour would be to
1. Select "This directory contains" and choose "TV Shows" - the scraper should automatically get set to "TMDb TV Shows" and content type to "TV shows".

This issue was present on a fresh install of xbian on RPI 4B, which arrives with Kodi 19.2, and also when I updated to 19.3. Same issue was observed on OSMC-loaded Kodi. Since I am just playing with this now, and can still afford to nuke/rebuild the setup, I can try a manual install of some other bare OS (raspbian?) and manual install of Kodi and post some log files if that could help the dev team identify and fix this issue. Please advise on what would be most useful to proceed.
I'm not sure if this is related, but I can't set the content type of any source either. I work through the 'set content' interface, but it just won't stick. I have this issue on my Manjaro installation, but also on the freshly released 19.3 on XBOX One S. At first I thought it was due to an issue with advancedsettings.xml (I have a central db on a Pi2), but removing that xml and the sources.xml didn't solve anything. Sticking to 18.9 seems the safest thing for now, though on XBOX that's too late already...

UPDATE: So I removed both my old sources and advancedsettings (or actually renamed them) on Manjaro and now Kodi will build a library. I can add an NFS share and set the content. Is this an issue with advancedsettings and connecting to the external dbase on my Pi2?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to set content type for source0