Show subtitles on any channel (DVB-T2)
Hello everyone,

I tried to build a tv-receiver in Germany with raspbeery pi 4, dvb-t2 tv-hat, libreelec and tvheadend. The receiver works more or less but one thing does not work properly. I don't no whether it was my gap of knowledge, misconfiguration or a feature, that doesn't exists yet:

I would like to have subtitles always on. I can switch it on, but if I change the channel, I have to switch it on again. I looked in every menu and switched subtitles on, but it didn't help. That is okay for me, but not for my grandparents. I need to use a self made solution, because I have to include some webstreams. Some channels aren't available via tvb-t2.

Any idea, what I could try? Would it be a feature request?

Best regards
Start watching a live tv channel, bring up the osd, go to subtitles menu, enable „Subtitles“ and „Set as default for all media":

https://kodi.wiki/view/Subtitles

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Subtitles are hit and miss.  Some channels work fine other channels just don't print out properly.   VLC seems to work the best for subtitles.
Thank you for your replies.

I choosed the option Set as default for all video but as far as I remember the or the channel freezes and after switching to another channel or after reboot no subtitles were displayed.

I would check it again but I haven't dvb-t2 signal in my flat yet. I will test it and write again.
Hello again.

the system doesn't freeze, but the selection as default isn't stored. When I switch the channel, I have to activate subtitles again. If I switch back, the subtitles are deactivated again.

Any idea?

LibreElec 9.2.6 Kernel 4.19.127
Kodi 18.9.0
Yes, you are right. I checked it on my nvidia shield and tvheadend with Kodi 18.9 and Kodi 19. It’s the same behavior.

Create an issue please.

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
thank you, hoppel118!

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/19115
Perfect! Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show subtitles on any channel (DVB-T2)0