Solved Kodi or Kodi Build?
I'm brand new to Kodi but I know enough to get myself in serious trouble. Simple question: Do you think it's best to go with just plain Kodi and Add-ons or Kodi with a Build?
(2021-01-23, 06:41)Boomer57 Wrote: or Kodi with a Build?
Banned Add-ons (wiki)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Builds are not supported here, as @Karellen indicates they tend to include various banned addon (wiki) junk that violates our piracy policy (wiki). That's not to mention whatever else they may decide to quietly install in the background without your knowledge or consent.

So our advice would always be to start with a vanilla install, and add in only what you actually want, and to be careful of what you add and where you get it from. Our built-in official repo is curated and safe, but beyond that, anything from 3rd party sites is very much at your own risk and discretion.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-01-23, 13:59)DarrenHill Wrote: Builds are not supported here, as @Karellen indicates they tend to include various banned addon (wiki) junk that violates our piracy policy (wiki). That's not to mention whatever else they may decide to quietly install in the background without your knowledge or consent.

So our advice would always be to start with a vanilla install, and add in only what you actually want, and to be careful of what you add and where you get it from. Our built-in official repo is curated and safe, but beyond that, anything from 3rd party sites is very much at your own risk and discretion.
Thank you! I had no clue but after reading up on your policy, it makes all the sense in the world. Thank you for taking the time to explain!
You're welcome. We'd much rather people ask and learn up-front to avoid this kind of stuff rather than get mired into it later, especially if they do end up with something nasty being snuck in behind the scenes onto their network.

If you want to read a little further on the subject, a couple of my blog posts (linked in my sig below) are in this area too.

Thread marked solved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi or Kodi Build?0