v19 HDR switching only after fullscreen toggle
I still have this problem that the TV gets the signal but the display really shows hdr mode only after I toggle from fullscreen to windowed to fullscreen.
Before the toggle Windows is in hdr mode but Kodi not.
I have tried both settings 'use fullscreenwindow' on and off.

logfile
Sadly this post is one of the few left unanswered. Suggest the o/p follow any of the threads with HDR in the titles, chiming in when needed for solution.
Hi Pat,
I wanted to open an exclusive thread because this issue seems to be unique.
I have reported it a couple of times, since the early times when Fandongos changes were included in the main branch.
I can paste it to another thread if it seems useful.
Thoughts:
Quote:Kodi compiled 2020-11-17

Try a more recent build.

Try different AMD video driver version (update to latest if is old or downgrade if is latest).    What version are you using?

You said (in previous posts) that using full screen exclusive had solved the problem...  It's not like that?   
(2020-11-28, 14:27)_novalis Wrote: Switching to full screen exclusive did the trick.

(current log shows  fullscreen windowed mode again)

EDIT:

Try limited (Kodi) - full (PC) - limited (TV) chain. With latest Kodi nightlies is working for HDR too.

Try reset all video driver settings/control panel to defaults (clean driver install)
I haven't uploaded a new log since the problem hasn't changed since I swapped from Fandangos Version to Kodi Master. The problem was not present in Fandangos version and appeared first with the use of Kodi Matrix Master.

The Radeon driver is up to date and most likely not the problem. Not proven though.
(2021-01-31, 20:36)jogal Wrote: "Try limited (Kodi) - full (PC) - limited (TV) chain."
What you mean? You think video levels have anything to do with it?

My first impression was that switching to full screen exclusive solved the problem, yes. But however the problem was never a 100% reproducable scenaro. With the RC1 though it is, if not completely then almost 100% faulty again.

update:
nothing has changed with the newest nightlies
logfile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDR switching only after fullscreen toggle0