Music Video M3U Playlists & Screenshots
Hello

Using Kodi 18.9 Leia + Quartz skin

I have a massive music video collection & have a few custom .m3u playlists I made a couple years back with VLC. Would I be able to implement those to be able to see listed on the menu and play them in Kodi, put them on shuffle if I'd like ? Doesn't seem Kodi has any straightforward "add music video to playlist" / drag & drop / rearrange  options as far as I can tell either, so guessing I would have to keep using VLC as far as adding new content & changing the order of them...if .m3u is able to work with Kodi at all that is

Also, it seems most of my older music videos , Kodi took screenshots of them, and when scrolling down the menu they show for each individual video when highlighted.  Some of my more recent music videos however, some show screenshots & some don't. I would really like to see screeenshots displayed for every video when Im selecting them. Is there a setting or 3rd party app out there that could create them for the ones missing & set them as (thumbnail art?? or whatever format/filename is required to show in Kodi??)

Thanks
(2021-01-23, 23:22)stevaside Wrote: Would I be able to implement those to be able to see listed on the menu and play them in Kodi, put them on shuffle if I'd like ?
Should be able to. Have a read here for a start... https://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_playlists

(2021-01-23, 23:22)stevaside Wrote: I would really like to see screeenshots displayed for every video when Im selecting them.
Kodi should be able to take a screenshot of all your videos. Is it possible it happened to take a screenshot of a black frame?
You can add your own screenshots if you prefer. Use VLC or MPC and use the screenshot option, then save it next to the music video. The name is the same as the music video file name with -thumb added to the end.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yes Kodi can play (including playing shuffled) .m3u playlists. The simplist approach is to copy your m3u files into the Kodi userdata/playlists/music folder, and then they get listed on the music playlists node.

Kodi also has a playlist editor, but it was broken since v17 and has only been fixed in v19. In v18 it works partially, but has some odd qwerks and limitations with keyboard/mouse use.

What you experience with artwork could be related to changes in the video tumbnails setting, but that is just a guess.
I put the .m3us in that folder.  When I go to music/files/playlists they show up, but no matter what I try I can't get them to play. When first going into the playlists menu & clicking on one, a blank list comes up..what looks like where all the song/artist info should be. It's scrollable but every line is empty.  Pulling up the context menu & clicking "queue item" does nothing.  Clicking "play" does nothing. Clicking "edit playlist" does bring up a detailed list showing all songs in the playlist, but still, clicking on a song in that list does nothing as well

It seems now most, if not all screenshots are showing at least for music videos.
Is Kodi installed on the same PC where you created the m3u playlists? Are the paths to the music files correct?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
This all sounds very odd. Can you share an example .m3u file @stevaside, or part of one if they are large.

Are the music files in a location that has been added to Kodi as a music source?
Yes, it's the same PC, and all my music videos in the playlists are located in the same music video folder I added as a source in Kodi. I have no problem watching any of my music videos by themselves, just nothing is working trying to open playlists.  Those same playlists work fine in VLC BTW

Here's 1 of my m3us:

https://www76.zippyshare.com/v/Ch77JHpE/file.html
@stevaside

Please copy your m3u to Kodi Paste Site

Also provide a Debug Log which captures you attempting to play the playlist.
My Signature
Guessing you wanted me to copy the text in the m3u file into pastebin? If so here that is.  I'm unfamiliar with creating debug logs & can't take the time to try & figure it all out at the moment, so hoping this is at least helpful.  Been very frustrating, I just tried to create a playlist for regular movies & that doesn't work either.  Seems Kodi just doesn't want to let me use playlists. Anytime I browse to the playlists file, it shows all the correct music videos/movies there in the menu, but no way to play them whether it be clicking, right ciicking/ "play now" "queue item" or "play from here" 

https://paste.kodi.tv/raw/ujejibatej
Nothing wrong with the m3u file.
Without a debug log it is impoosible to know what the issue is on your set-up. Listing the items but not playing them is probably a file access issue, the log would show that. Being asked for help blind is frustraing too, so make the time to generate one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Video M3U Playlists & Screenshots0