• 1(current)
v19 Artwork Dump - download scraper provided artwork
Artwork Dump is an add-on for Kodi that downloads artwork for media in your video and music libraries into your media file system. It only downloads artwork already added to your libraries by scrapers, NFO files, or other add-ons. For Kodi 19 Matrix and newer. (Note: If you have used a media manager, or your nfo files contain no artwork links, Artwork Dump will not work.)

Artwork Dump does not add new artwork to your Kodi library.

Usage
Run from "Program Add-ons" to download artwork for all video or music library items. It can also be configured to download artwork automatically after library updates.

For a wider selection of artwork types, use a scraper that provides extended artwork, such as The Movie Database Python or TMDb TV Show scraper.

Installation
Install my dev repository to get updates delivered to you automatically. After the repo is installed, Artwork Dump can be installed from "Program add-ons". Artwork Dump can also be installed with a single zip file, but you will have to update manually.

Motivation
This saves full quality artwork to the file system in the same format that Kodi exports to and imports from (See wiki for local file naming convention, example for movie artwork). Save image files locally to speed up library scanning on a new device or a refreshed library, reduce network load, and persist your preferred artwork with a longer life than URLs to web services - they occasionally change.

Prefer this over exporting artwork with Kodi - this will download the original artwork while Kodi exports images re-encoded to be optimized for GUI usage.

Call it a trimmed-down version of Artwork Beef, it is intended to work in concert with Kodi 19's full support for extended artwork from scrapers and the file system.

Source hosted on GitHub.

READ THIS if you are having problems

I need detailed information to help you troubleshoot any problems. I cannot guess at the underlying cause of your trouble, I need you to make it clear for me. The below describes how to gather that information.
  1. A detailed description of the problem. What are you trying to do? What window are you on? What steps do you take leading up to the problem? What exactly do you expect Artwork Dump to do at this point? Any other relevant context will be helpful.
  2. I need the entire Kodi debug log file to fully understand your problem; while recording the debug log run the process that you are having trouble with.
The more details you include, the more likely it is I can help you.
I just installed the repository and was about to install the Addon. Seems on your git you have version 0.1.4 but the repo is hosting 0.1.3 ??
The latest version is 0.1.3.

I immediately bump the versions in git to '~adev' to note a "pre-alpha" status for the next release, so that there is only ever one single revision that claims to be an officially tagged version. The only difference between the released version and git right now is the version number.
Please forgive my ignorance, but I want to make sure I get the new single folder aspect right. Do I need to move all my fanart for EACH movie into the individual movie folder and rename them all fanart1, fanart2, etc; or create a separate folder and move extrafanart to single folder (changing extrafanart to movie name), or will Matrix still read extrafanart folder? Music, same question. Or can we keep things status quo if we have a large media collection? we're talking months of work to rename/move for some people.
(2021-01-28, 21:02)RonnieG3 Wrote: Do I need to move all my fanart for EACH movie into the individual movie folder and rename them all fanart1, fanart2, etc
Where are they currently?

(2021-01-28, 21:02)RonnieG3 Wrote: or create a separate folder and move extrafanart to single folder (changing extrafanart to movie name), or will Matrix still read extrafanart folder
No and No.

Post a screenshot of your current artwork layout, and we'll get a better idea of your setup.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-01-28, 21:35)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-01-28, 21:02)RonnieG3 Wrote: Do I need to move all my fanart for EACH movie into the individual movie folder and rename them all fanart1, fanart2, etc
Where are they currently?
(2021-01-28, 21:02)RonnieG3 Wrote: or create a separate folder and move extrafanart to single folder (changing extrafanart to movie name), or will Matrix still read extrafanart folder
No and No.

Post a screenshot of your current artwork layout, and we'll get a better idea of your setup.
@Karellen   Here's a good example of how my movies are set up right now. Notice the folder extrafanart - in there I have art named fanart0.jpg - fanart9.jpg. Movies and TV and Music all have an extrafanart folder.

(2021-01-29, 04:09)RonnieG3 Wrote: Here's a good example of how my movies are set up right now. Notice the folder extrafanart
Kodi stopped using the extrafanart folder from v18. It was Artwork Beef that acted as the "middle-man" and allowed users to still cache artwork in those folders.

Artwork Dump no longer does that. (as far as I am aware)

It should look like this... https://kodi.wiki/images/f/f7/LocalMovieArtwork01.jpg
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-01-29, 04:18)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-01-29, 04:09)RonnieG3 Wrote: Here's a good example of how my movies are set up right now. Notice the folder extrafanart
Kodi stopped using the extrafanart folder from v18. It was Artwork Beef that acted as the "middle-man" and allowed users to still cache artwork in those folders.

Artwork Dump no longer does that. (as far as I am aware)

It should look like this... https://kodi.wiki/images/f/f7/LocalMovieArtwork01.jpg
That's what I was afraid of.  Will music still look in artist folder, or a "master" folder w/artist name and fanart inside, or is music the same with naming all artist extrafanart named as above? Just trying to gauge time needed to convert library.  And thanks for the clarification - I appreciate it! Smile
(2021-01-29, 04:47)RonnieG3 Wrote: Will music still look in artist folder
Depends. I think we might have different ideas of the Artist folder.

This is my idea of an artist folder... https://kodi.wiki/view/Artist_information_folder Is that what you are referring to?
My Signature
(2021-01-29, 05:35)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-01-29, 04:47)RonnieG3 Wrote: Will music still look in artist folder
Depends. I think we might have different ideas of the Artist folder.

This is my idea of an artist folder... https://kodi.wiki/view/Artist_information_folder Is that what you are referring to?
Perfect! I remember reading that now. Appreciate the clarification for all of it. Now to see I can figure a (relatively) painless way to convert movie and TV fanart. Maybe batch renamer? I'll figure it out.

Thanks again!! Smile
@Karellen what was the idea behind Kodi 18 to disable support for the extrafanart folder?

The movie folder becomes quite a mess when all the fanarts have to be moved to the parent folder. Imho I can't see what this has to do with "progress".
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod

Kodi has not disabled anything. Kodi never "supported" the extrafanart directory in any way, nor does it now specifically support multiple fanart beyond full support of freely named artwork - as far as Kodi is concerned, 'fanart' and 'fanart1' are completely separate, just like 'fanart' and 'poster'. The extrafanart directory was a trick that skins could do (and still can), it's just a technical dead end. This way is more or less another trick, but it offers enough benefits for my time and effort, including a path toward future improvements.
Maybe this is related to the previous line of questions...I just installed v19 Matrix RC1 as well as Artwork Dump and I noticed now my media folders on my NAS are full of JPG & PNG files whereas before using Artwork Beef i never saw the underlying artwork (was it stored locally on my Shield?)

Is there any way to use Artwork Dump without having all the underlying artwork files clutter my Movie & TV Show NAS directories?
(2021-01-30, 21:33)hpnas Wrote: Is there any way to use Artwork Dump without having all the underlying artwork files clutter my Movie & TV Show NAS directories?
(2021-01-25, 05:06)rmrector Wrote: Artwork Dump is an add-on for Kodi that downloads artwork for media in your video and music libraries into your media file system.

That is the only thing Artwork Dump does. If you don't want that you don't need AD, Kodi 19 and scrapers do the rest now.
(2021-01-30, 21:33)hpnas Wrote: Is there any way to use Artwork Dump without having all the underlying artwork files clutter my Movie & TV Show NAS directories?
What is it that you would like Artwork Dump to do instead?
My Signature
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Dump - download scraper provided artwork0