Update TMM information from an NFO changed outside TMM
Hi, 

I have a script to add Tags to NFO files.  I prefer to do this the script because I can make a list of files to update, and have 200 files with a personal Tag I after use for my own purpose.

My problem is that, once the tag is added into the NFO, TMM doesn't update the information unless:
1.  I just update manually that specifi movie, reading from NFO file (which now contains that tag)
2.  I update all my movies in TMM, so I don't have to do it manually.

Problem in point 2 is that I have so many movies, that it will take forever.

Would be great if TMM could update information of the movies in which NFO date have been modified.

That way, when you launch a library update, if TMM finds that NFO file has a newer date, it can upload to TMM that information.

Can you think in any other way to update that information that has been updated outside TMM?

Thanks a lot.
there is an action to re-read NFO files (just select one or more movies and right click -> you will find it)... manually update the movie does not update the contents from the NFO file
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Thanks.  I knew that option, but my problem is that I have 42.000 files in TMM, and to make it worst, they are in google drive, so either:
1.  I select them manually, which is a hard work considering could be 200 or 300 files
2.  I update nfo of 42.000 files, which will take forever

Is there any way to select specific files, for example from a csv file containing the files you want to select?

Could be a great feature... 

Any other idea?
Another user suggested filtering movies based on a list of IMDb ids:

(2020-12-28, 23:00)Movie_McMovieface Wrote: if there's a way to filter titles in TinyMM based on a text file containing a list of IMDB IDs

So the filter could have a new feature "filter by list/text file" where the user would either enter a list manually or select a text file containing a list of IMDb/TMDb ids, Movie Title (Year) format, folder names, video files, nfo files, etc., then tmm filters to the corresponding movies.
This will be useful for importing lists from outside sources to bulk add tags as well.
(2021-01-28, 16:27)tars Wrote: Another user suggested filtering movies based on a list of IMDb ids:
(2020-12-28, 23:00)Movie_McMovieface Wrote: if there's a way to filter titles in TinyMM based on a text file containing a list of IMDB IDs

So the filter could have a new feature "filter by list/text file" where the user would either enter a list manually or select a text file containing a list of IMDb/TMDb ids, Movie Title (Year) format, folder names, video files, nfo files, etc., then tmm filters to the corresponding movies.
This will be useful for importing lists from outside sources to bulk add tags as well.
Sure, it will work perfectly.  If we would be able to filter by imdb id (or tmdb), It will serve to my purpose similar.  Hope they decide to implement that function in the future.

Could work as well to be able to edit TMM Databse, but I have read that it is not a normal databse and it is not possible.
Since re-importing nfo files after editing is the only way to modify tmm db, probably you're not the only one using a script to bulk edit nfo files for tasks that can't be done within tmm.
And depending on the script, sometimes it won't be easy to identify which nfo files got updated.
If the feature got implemented, the user could, in such a case, use a file manager to filter to nfo files, sort them by file modification date, select only updated ones, copy filename of them, paste it to the tmm filter dialog, then tmm would only show the movies with updated nfos to re-read.
sorry, but you ask for such a complex filter which no user and either tmm can handle (and which is not relevant for 99% of our users).

Since you are _scripting_ outside tmm, I have another idea: I am working on a basic HTTP interface to trigger some commands from "outside" of tmm while tmm is running. When it gets finished. you could trigger a HTTP call for every movie (path) where you changed the NFO to re-read the NFO. Would this be enough?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Scripting was just an example as that's the OP's case.
I saw you've been working on the HTTP interface in another thread, and sure that will be useful to some users.
But I'm not sure which part of the request is so difficult and why you think the HTTP interface will be relevant to more users than this list filter.

For instance, there are lots of "best movies" lists out there, but no way to import them to the tmm collection unless you select and tag each movie one by one. Or can you suggest a better approach?
If you still think the request is so complex, can it query just with IMDb/TMDb id and Title (Year) format (because most lists are presented that way)?
It depends on the user's naming pattern, but probably it won't be so hard for most users to convert a list of folder/nfo/video filename to Title (Year) format if tmm can only query with that format.
Thanks @mlaggner for your response.  I don't know about that http feature you are talking about.  All I need is to be able to select specific movies into TMM without the need to do it manually.

As @tars said, it didn't seem so difficult.  All you need is a txt file containing imdb references, for example, and TMM would just apply a "filter" for those movies.  Than, you just can update NFO information of those.  In fact, If this would be possible, I wouldn't need any script... I would just select the movies I want and apply them the specific tag.

Considering you have implemented a feature to rename files with a "file.csv" file inside TMM, I thought this could be kind of similar... Just to use a csv file to select specific files.

I can sound a little particular, but I am sure a lot of people (not just a 1%) would find this feature pretty interesting.  With a big library, applying specific tags manually it is impossible.

Regards,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update TMM information from an NFO changed outside TMM0