Kodi v19 Beta + RC1 Crashing
Hi,

I've been testing Kodi v19 from Beta through to RC1 but I have an issue with Kodi crashing, can be sitting idle at the main menu screen or watching a video.

I end up with a Kodi_stacktrace (txt) and kodi_crashlog (dmp) 

Tried to view dmp file but I can't seem to read the file, I've uploaded to link below, hoping someone would be able to have a wee look.

v18 works fine no crash, just when I go to v19.

Cheers

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap9YPoMesMmjg9VJl3Ki...A?e=KAhOL5
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2021-01-27, 18:57)PatK Wrote: To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Thanks for the info,

Debugging enabled and crash log attached for today

https://paste.kodi.tv/alajoqajum.kodi
(2021-02-04, 16:48)zorg2000k Wrote:
(2021-01-27, 18:57)PatK Wrote: To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

Thanks for the info,

Debugging enabled and crash log attached for today

https://paste.kodi.tv/alajoqajum.kodi

I also have these files in AppData\Roaming\Kodi if required.

kodi_crashlog-19.0-RC1 Git_20210202-0c9370c022-20210204-135826.dmp
kodi_stacktrace-19.0-RC1 Git_20210202-0c9370c022-20210204-135826.txt
Wondered if anyone had any thoughts to why I'm getting crash, logs attached if anyone can help Thanks
(2021-02-08, 18:56)zorg2000k Wrote: anyone had any thoughts
Big log; embuary seems to come up quite often, with 94 matches for the word 'error', some decoding issues, some texture issues, ExtractThumb - Error creating demuxer etc.. I could reference you back to 'embuary support' but not sure handing off this issue would be in the best interest of Kodi. How about we take a side step, totalling ignoring this installation and let's prove out a fully functional, plain, jane, vanilla, Kodi on a portable installation; at that point with success in our back pocket, we move ahead with some customization's prior to infiltration by embuary which is based on the web UI of Emby.
(2021-02-08, 19:25)PatK Wrote:
(2021-02-08, 18:56)zorg2000k Wrote: anyone had any thoughts
Big log; embuary seems to come up quite often, with 94 matches for the word 'error', some decoding issues, some texture issues, ExtractThumb - Error creating demuxer etc.. I could reference you back to 'embuary support' but not sure handing off this issue would be in the best interest of Kodi. How about we take a side step, totalling ignoring this installation and let's prove out a fully functional, plain, jane, vanilla, Kodi on a portable installation; at that point with success in our back pocket, we move ahead with some customization's prior to infiltration by embuary which is based on the web UI of Emby.

I'll give plain, Jane Kodi a go with portable installation, and report back
(2021-02-09, 14:26)zorg2000k Wrote: I'll give plain, Jane Kodi a go with portable installation, and report back
With a proper debug log pls.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v19 Beta + RC1 Crashing0