OS X PVRMangager is starting up:0%
In that case please confirm where you obtained the IPTV list from, and who is the source of the channels.

As I said before, we do not support any of the huge lists available from random websites that contain illegally sourced channels - our piracy policy (wiki) applies.

If no such confirmation is provided, then this thread will be sent to the bin.

Oh and if you cannot send PMs here, then you cannot receive them either.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-02-27, 15:16)johenrik Wrote: GetChannels - channels available '98926'

Almost 100,000 channels... I'm sure you paid a hefty subscription fee for all those commercial channels, right? /sarcasm
I call that hoarding. That total number of channels is totally ludicrous because you will likely not watch at least 95% of that channel list.

A bit of common sense would be welcome.
Typically these huge lists aren't actual broadcast channels they are Catchup and VOD which is why many sites avoid discussing them.  In many ways the Kodi forum is more tolerant than reddit.

Martin
Tough crowd...

Quote:Typically these huge lists aren't actual broadcast channels they are Catchup and VOD which is why many sites avoid discussing them.
Correct. This is obviously not 100.000 real licensed TV-channels (does it even exist that many in the world?). Most of them are VOD where one channel points to one video (same as having one mpeg file on your drive). It works fine to have all files and channels in the same IPTV interface. I know that this feed is legal for me to use here in my country (Western Europe). However your piracy policy seems to specifically state US copyright laws, and on that I do not know as I am not familiar with American law that well.

I decided instead to start debugging this myself. I went through the IPTV source code (https://github.com/kodi-pvr/) and it seems like everything here works like a charm and in an impressive fast way. It finishes reading and cataloguing everything in about a minute which I feel is very good considering the huge M3U. I decided to follow the trail into the main Kodi app code base and it all seemed to point to the code for sorting and renumbering of channels (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...p.cpp#L130). As this suggested issues with sorting and/or renumbering I decided to play around with the settings around this and found out that when I turn off "Use channel order from backend(s)" things started to look much better. It still took a long time to start first time I load Kodi with an empty DB, but all subsequent starts are much faster. It seems like now IPTV goes straight from reading the M3U onto handling the EPG without this huge delay in between. Seems like sorting 100.000 channels took a crazy amount of time.

Anyway I am happy with the situation now and thank you to those of you that tried to help out. It might be worth mentioning in the Readme/FAQ that speed can be significantly improved on very large playlists by disabling this setting (even though you seem to not be very happy with these kind of users).

Thanks guys.
(2021-02-27, 20:41)johenrik Wrote: This is obviously not 100.000 real licensed TV-channels (does it even exist that many in the world?).
You might be surprised how many people come here with such stupidly large lists that they've downloaded from some dodgy site and are chock full of pirated stuff. As those tend to be short-lived, the lists are full of duplicates and dead links generally, which is what people come here to complain about. Hence why we need to police this kind of thing quite strongly.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Really what should happen is the VOD stuff should be treated like a recording instead and only real channels should be in the channel listings.

I’m curious to see the format of your VOD listings though. I always wanted to have a VOD section in kodi PVR. Do they also have epg data with info etc?
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2021-02-27, 22:55)phunkyfish Wrote: Really what should happen is the VOD stuff should be treated like a recording instead and only real channels should be in the channel listings.

I’m curious to see the format of your VOD listings though. I always wanted to have a VOD section in kodi PVR. Do they also have epg data with info etc?
Sorry for the late reply. The VOD stuff is fairly easy as far as I can see. It just points to a MKV file rather than to a stream. The EPG also includes info, but very basic channel name with a huge range of time for one "program".
(2021-03-02, 11:53)johenrik Wrote:
(2021-02-27, 22:55)phunkyfish Wrote: Really what should happen is the VOD stuff should be treated like a recording instead and only real channels should be in the channel listings.

Sorry for the late reply. The VOD stuff is fairly easy as far as I can see. It just points to a MKV file rather than to a stream. The EPG also includes info, but very basic channel name with a huge range of time for one "program".

Ok, but if it is treated as a recording / video instead then how to figure out the name? Because in this case there is no time. Unless it is just assumed as now in the epg.
(2021-03-02, 11:53)johenrik Wrote:

I would also like to see an example M3U entry. My hope would be there is some kind of indicator that it’s a video instead of a live stream.
https://paste.kodi.tv/kujujegame

Someone can figure out whats happening?
(2021-03-31, 22:50)alexandraoliveira Wrote: https://paste.kodi.tv/kujujegame

Someone can figure out whats happening?

You should ask in the forum sections for the addons you have installed. The messages I see your log I don’t recall seeing before.

I don’t think your issues are related to iptvsimple.
@alexandraoliveira
looks like IPTV Manager is error-ing out (@michaelarnauts is the developer of this - I don't think it has a thread here on the forums yet)
I suspect it won't be creating a local playlist m3u8 and then restarting PVR manager.
IPTV Simple gets stuck at loading when there is no playlist to load.

@phunkyfish
i noticed above the other day - maybe a small bug in IPTV Simple?
It "hangs" at loading if no playlist is found when restarted

To reproduce
1) Point IPTV Simple to a playlist that does exist locally
2) Restart IPTV Simple and it will load up the playlist
3) Delete the playlist
4) Restart IPTV simple
5) Go to TV - notice "PVR manager is starting up..."

seems to only fault if it goes from a previously loaded playlist to a non-existent playlist.
If you start kodi with it missing, its fine - even after restarting
@matthuisman I will take a look.

@michaelarnauts is there is process to get a thread created. If you need me to look into just ask.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVRMangager is starting up:0%0