Seek not working with Kodi Remote + 19.0 RC1
First noticed this with beta2, and at that time upon googling it I can across this reddit post. While there wasn't any useful information provided, it seemed like everyone who uses the remote was likely having the same problem and I figured the devs were aware of it. (Not sure if the sub is an official sub checked by the Kodi team or just a fan run community)

Now, with RC1 out, the problem still looks to be persisting. Are the devs aware that this is broken? Is this something that simply requires an update to be released for the remote app? Using the latest version of "Official Kodi Remote" (1.5.7) on ios currently.

Basically, if I use the seek forward or backwards button in the app, nothing happens. If I hit the UI button to bring up the on screen menu and manually fast forward, that works. (but of course, fast forwarding at 2/4/8/etc. x isn't the same thing as seeking 30 seconds). Likewise, if I walk over to my keyboard, seek works fine there. The problem only impacts the remote. Had this issue years ago, but can't remember if the issue was ultimately resolved by a kodi update, or a remote update, or both.
Thread moved.
(2021-01-27, 22:14)reaper527 Wrote: Now, with RC1 out, the problem still looks to be persisting. Are the devs aware that this is broken? Is this something that simply requires an update to be released for the remote app? Using the latest version of "Official Kodi Remote" (1.5.7) on ios currently.

This is already fixed on the Remote App Beta version provided via TestFlight. Please follow this thread: Testflight access to beta version

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seek not working with Kodi Remote + 19.0 RC10