Ember Renaming existing .nfo's to .info
Hi all,

I made some changes to my NAS where my Videos are stored.  In doing so, I had to remove and recreate my Movie Sources.  That all went fine, but when Ember scanned the new sources it shows about 300 videos without .nfo files and renamed the existing .nfo files to .info. 

All of the old .nfo files were scraped with Ember, I don't use any other Media Manager.  Why did Ember do this and is there anyway to get it to recognize the old .nfo files that have been renamed?

Thanks,
Dave
Please upload a sample *.info to http://pastebin.com
(2021-01-30, 00:04)DanCooper Wrote: Please upload a sample *.info to http://pastebin.com

Sure thing.  Here you go.

https://pastebin.com/rnSczSDG
This is 100% not a NFO from Ember. And the problem is always the same False and True instead of false and true. In the upper part the true/false nodes are ok, but in the <fileinfo> part are bad nodes.
Rename all files back to *.nfo and use e.g. TextCrawler to replace all >False< and >True< with >false< and >true<.
(2021-01-30, 11:44)DanCooper Wrote: This is 100% not a NFO from Ember. And the problem is always the same False and True instead of false and true. In the upper part the true/false nodes are ok, but in the <fileinfo> part are bad nodes.
Rename all files back to *.nfo and use e.g. TextCrawler to replace all >False< and >True< with >false< and >true<.

Strange, I don't have any other media scrapers and I think this was a newer file.  Maybe Plex is updating my .nfo's, but I don't know for sure.  Thanks for taking a look and pointing me to Textcrawler.  I appreciate the help!!!
(2021-01-30, 11:44)DanCooper Wrote: This is 100% not a NFO from Ember. And the problem is always the same False and True instead of false and true. In the upper part the true/false nodes are ok, but in the <fileinfo> part are bad nodes.

I used text crawler to make the changes.  Any ideas on a program or powershell script I could use to delete the new .nfo files that were created and then rename the .info files to .nfo in bulk?

Thanks,
Dave
(2021-01-30, 14:32)dbs179 Wrote: Strange, I don't have any other media scrapers and I think this was a newer file.  Maybe Plex is updating my .nfo's, but I don't know for sure.
Maybe an addon in Plex. I also use Plex as second player, but never saw a change in a NFO. In the NFO your posted are nodes that Ember does not write, so i has to be another application.

(2021-01-30, 15:09)dbs179 Wrote: I used text crawler to make the changes.  Any ideas on a program or powershell script I could use to delete the new .nfo files that were created and then rename the .info files to .nfo in bulk?

Bulk Rename Utility
with this settings:
  • Toolbar = > Renaming Options => Overwrite/Delete existing files
  • Extension (11):
    Fixed: nfo
  • Filters (12):
    Mask: *.info
    Files: enabled
    Subfolders: enabled
(2021-01-30, 16:40)DanCooper Wrote:
(2021-01-30, 14:32)dbs179 Wrote: Strange, I don't have any other media scrapers and I think this was a newer file.  Maybe Plex is updating my .nfo's, but I don't know for sure.
Maybe an addon in Plex. I also use Plex as second player, but never saw a change in a NFO. In the NFO your posted are nodes that Ember does not write, so i has to be another application.

(2021-01-30, 15:09)dbs179 Wrote: I used text crawler to make the changes.  Any ideas on a program or powershell script I could use to delete the new .nfo files that were created and then rename the .info files to .nfo in bulk?

Bulk Rename Utility
with this settings:
  • Toolbar = > Renaming Options => Overwrite/Delete existing files
  • Extension (11):
    Fixed: nfo
  • Filters (12):
    Mask: *.info
    Files: enabled
    Subfolders: enabled

Thank you again, you were spot on with all of this.  I'm still not sure what was changing my .nfo's, but you got me back on track!  Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Renaming existing .nfo's to .info0