Amber is not Auto Updating anymore in Matrix?
i just noticed there is a new release of amber in the repository .13 i believe but kodi is not auto updating amber for some reason.

i know that in matrix if you install add-ons from zip file, like i did with the amber repo, kodi will not auto update anymore but with "served repos excluded". i turned on auto update for the repo and for amber itself but nothing. when you're in the add-on section of kodi there is that "check for updates" but this also doesn't find anything to update.

only when i browse to the repo through "install from repo" i can see the new skin update in the amber matrix repo and i can manually update from there.

does this mean i always have to update manually?
Linux Elementary, Kodi 19.4, Lastest Amber Skin
Android TV 11, Kodi 20.2, Latest Amber Skin
(2021-01-31, 14:37)billyrene Wrote: i just noticed there is a new release of amber in the repository .13 i believe but kodi is not auto updating amber for some reason.

i know that in matrix if you install add-ons from zip file, like i did with the amber repo, kodi will not auto update anymore but with "served repos excluded". i turned on auto update for the repo and for amber itself but nothing. when you're in the add-on section of kodi there is that "check for updates" but this also doesn't find anything to update.

only when i browse to the repo through "install from repo" i can see the new skin update in the amber matrix repo and i can manually update from there.

does this mean i always have to update manually?

I have this problem usually as well on my LibreElec setup with Matrix. I think in the last 6 months I have only seen it update automatically twice. Once after installing one of the nightly LibreElec builds, and once just out of the blue when I was scrolling around menus.
I don't know why this happens. I usually just "suspend" the unit for faster start-ups. With the Matrix betas, I found add-ons will not usually auto-update until I do a complete re-boot.
Now, Matrix is not supposed to update anything that is not in the main release Repo's to prevent installation problems - which I personally think was a good idea on the developers part.

You can also go into App settings for Amber and click to update there, if it is showing an available update.
System 1: Ryzen 3400G, Gigabyte Mini ITX B450I - LibreELEC 11.x (Kodi 20 [Nexus]) - Skin: Amber (Matrix)
System 2: Khadas VIM3pro - CoreELEC- Skin: Amber (Matrix)

System 3: Ryzen 5700g Gigabyte Mini ITX x570 - LibreElec 12.x (Kodi 21 [Omega]) Nightlies - Skin: Aeon-Nox: Silvo (Omega)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber is not Auto Updating anymore in Matrix?0