What's the best way to scrape a library for Kodi or IAGL?
I'm looking for a solution like IAGL to run my own library of retro games over Internet.  I've currently been modifying IAGL to link to my own library, but it's tedious making the xml files without any tools.  The problem is I already have a collection that's using emulation station and I would love to use the database files, but they're not compatible.

Is there a better game launcher for kodi that can support running games over http, webdav or ftp that has scraping functions?  Does anyone have a migration tool that can convert a emulation station database to IAGL format?

Thanks,
Dan
(2021-02-01, 01:26)daniel.delillo Wrote: I'm looking for a solution like IAGL to run my own library of retro games over Internet.  I've currently been modifying IAGL to link to my own library, but it's tedious making the xml files without any tools.  The problem is I already have a collection that's using emulation station and I would love to use the database files, but they're not compatible.

Is there a better game launcher for kodi that can support running games over http, webdav or ftp that has scraping functions?  Does anyone have a migration tool that can convert a emulation station database to IAGL format?

Thanks,
Dan

I think you're looking for AEL. Which is a fully featured launcher that does scraping. So long as you can add the network location as a source or mount it in your filesystem I think it will do what you're looking for. There is no scraping feature in IAGL (everything included in the addon is pre-scraped).
(2021-02-01, 07:05)zachmorris Wrote: Thanks, stupid me didn't even see that.  I've just started using your plugin and well it's awesome!  Meanwhile, I've made some great progress converting emulation station XML files to IAGL... or as I called it now GL (Game Launcher). The more I thought about everything, I didn't want to redo scraping and having two different structures.  Instead, everything now uses my existing folder, image and video structure.

Thank you so much for your hard work!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What's the best way to scrape a library for Kodi or IAGL?0