OSD - additional info
(2021-02-10, 18:27)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-10, 00:05)RyFeR Wrote:
(2021-02-09, 23:48)bsoriano Wrote: @RyFeR, can you please tell me the steps you are following for number 2? Is this with Up Next active so that a next episode is played? Is this with a playlist? How are you playing the episodes? From a media view? I'm asking all of these questions so that I can narrow down the conditions and see if this is something that Kodi is doing that I cannot change or if it is something that I can control from the skin. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

Via the TV shows main menu item I go the the series I want to see, then select the episode and start it (from the low list media view).

It then starts with the seekbar + info for the amount of time I set in options (this differs from before the update, nothing was shown then). When the episode is finished it then automatically starts the next one, seekbar + info is shown but only for 2 seconds (this is the same behavior as before the update).

Hope this helps, if you need more info just let me know.
@RyFeR , thanks for the additional info.  I had not noticed since I never had the setting "Play Next Video automatically" set in Kodi before.  I found the condition.  Unfortunately, the time is controlled by Kodi and it is about 2.5 seconds.  I could just not display the seek bar in that condition, but it would affect the nature of the seek bar, since it would not display it right after you have performed a seek, where it is important to know where you are in the video.  And I tried making this configurable, but it did not work.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

Thanks for checking... no worries, I now have the additional option set at 2 seconds so for both times (at the start of play from the list and when automatically starting the next episode) the behavior is the same.

Don’t know if you want to remove the timer option for “time to show seek bar” and keep the “show seekbar when starting video playback” when set to yes at a fixed 2.5 seconds or you want to keep as-is (so time is configurable).

Appreciate your time spent on this, I will definitely keep this option activated (at 2 seconds).
Nvidia Shield Pro, Kodi 21.0 Omega, Arctic Zephyr Reloaded

(2021-02-10, 22:38)RyFeR Wrote:
(2021-02-10, 18:27)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-10, 00:05)RyFeR Wrote: Hi Bart,

Via the TV shows main menu item I go the the series I want to see, then select the episode and start it (from the low list media view).

It then starts with the seekbar + info for the amount of time I set in options (this differs from before the update, nothing was shown then). When the episode is finished it then automatically starts the next one, seekbar + info is shown but only for 2 seconds (this is the same behavior as before the update).

Hope this helps, if you need more info just let me know.
@RyFeR , thanks for the additional info.  I had not noticed since I never had the setting "Play Next Video automatically" set in Kodi before.  I found the condition.  Unfortunately, the time is controlled by Kodi and it is about 2.5 seconds.  I could just not display the seek bar in that condition, but it would affect the nature of the seek bar, since it would not display it right after you have performed a seek, where it is important to know where you are in the video.  And I tried making this configurable, but it did not work.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

Thanks for checking... no worries, I now have the additional option set at 2 seconds so for both times (at the start of play from the list and when automatically starting the next episode) the behavior is the same.

Don’t know if you want to remove the timer option for “time to show seek bar” and keep the “show seekbar when starting video playback” when set to yes at a fixed 2.5 seconds or you want to keep as-is (so time is configurable).

Appreciate your time spent on this, I will definitely keep this option activated (at 2 seconds).
@RyFeR , I will keep it as is, since it provides more options for the users.  Thanks for continuing to use Amber, and please keep the issues/requests coming.  

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSD - additional info0