Win Milkdrop viz crashing v19 RC1 playing music
(2021-02-08, 17:08)DaveBlake Wrote:
Quote:I haven't tried playing music without also Milkdrop running
Well @KevinSartori you log shows errors related to the Milkdrop viz, so it is quite likely that is the source of the crashes. Try disabling it and see if the crashes go away.

If we can prove the crashes are connected to the viz then we can ask the author to investigate, it could be an issue with graphics driver and addon interacting. It could also be interesting to switch to the default skin Estuary and see if you still have an issue.

I can confirm that my issue was not Kodi. It was a Shield TV setting that caused my system to power down everything every 20 minutes. Thanks for taking the time to respond
Well @KevinSartori you log shows errors related to the Milkdrop viz, so it is quite likely that is the source of the crashes. Try disabling it and see if the crashes go away.

If we can prove the crashes are connected to the viz then we can ask the author to investigate, it could be an issue with graphics driver and addon interacting. It could also be interesting to switch to the default skin Estuary and see if you still have an issue.
Hi,

Thanks for the help, everyone!  My Output Configuration is already set to Optimized.  I've disabled Milkdrop and I've played music for hours yesterday and today without a single crash, so it appears the issue is Milkdrop related.

My Kodi box is an 8 year old Intel NUC running Windows 8.1.  I think my best bet at this point is to roll back to v18.9, which was working without issues.  This will eliminate my crashes and, as a bonus, I'll be able to use Milkdrop 2 again.

Either that, or maybe it's time to think about upgrading to new hardware!

Thanks again!
(2021-02-09, 21:11)KevinSartori Wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the help, everyone!  My Output Configuration is already set to Optimized.  I've disabled Milkdrop and I've played music for hours yesterday and today without a single crash, so it appears the issue is Milkdrop related.

My Kodi box is an 8 year old Intel NUC running Windows 8.1.  I think my best bet at this point is to roll back to v18.9, which was working without issues.  This will eliminate my crashes and, as a bonus, I'll be able to use Milkdrop 2 again.

Either that, or maybe it's time to think about upgrading to new hardware!

Thanks again!
You said Milkdrop 2. There is a version that is called Milkdrop on the server that works better with the newer version of Kodi. Milkdrop 2 is not certified by team Kodi. Try the one called "milkdrop" and see if that doesn't work better for you.
(2021-02-10, 15:20)acemt Wrote: You said Milkdrop 2. There is a version that is called Milkdrop on the server that works better with the newer version of Kodi. Milkdrop 2 is not certified by team Kodi. Try the one called "milkdrop" and see if that doesn't work better for you.

Thanks, acemt, I'd been using the original Milkdrop when experiencing my crashes with v19 RC1.  One of my other frustrations with v19 RC1 is that Milkdrop 2 is not available (because it's currently not building).  Hopefully, the Kodi developers will eventually solve that issue.  In my opinion, Milkdrop 2 is superior to the original Milkdrop in almost every way.
@KevinSartori happy to say that  Milkdrop 2 will be released with v19.0, build issues finally resolved.
Milkdrop 2 working here.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Milkdrop viz crashing v19 RC1 playing music0