tvOS how to access /kodi folder in tvOS w/o jb
With Filemanager I can see the addon data but I cannot access the main userdata kodi folder where also other stuff like the addons packages are. I would like to have access to the /media/fonts folder to add extra fonts.
I see I can add special://enhome as source but it give access to a few folders that actually give no path found if I try to enter in them.

Any advise?
Thanks
if you have macOS (VM should also do), you can install Xcode, add your ATV through network to it and download/upload app directory

you could also try https://libimobiledevice.org/
(2021-02-06, 12:57)kambala Wrote: if you have macOS (VM should also do), you can install Xcode, add your ATV through network to it and download/upload app directory

You mean the download/replace the container?
(2021-02-06, 12:58)sasagr Wrote:
(2021-02-06, 12:57)kambala Wrote: if you have macOS (VM should also do), you can install Xcode, add your ATV through network to it and download/upload app directory

yes, correct
(2021-02-06, 14:06)kambala Wrote:
(2021-02-06, 12:58)sasagr Wrote:

yes, correct

I used to replace the container with Memphis builds of the 17.6 but then I was understanding that with 19 that was not going to be possible anymore. My bad... thanks!
And by the way.. why the source special://envhome shows the folder Library (where eventually the userdata is located) but it does not give access to it saying path not found or empty?
it might be a bug
(2021-02-06, 17:12)kambala Wrote: it might be a bug

Does it behave the same way with you?
(2021-02-06, 17:26)sasagr Wrote:
(2021-02-06, 17:12)kambala Wrote: it might be a bug

Does it behave the same way with you?

I can enter envhome, but under it only tmp is accessible. Quite strange that even Documents is inaccessible, sounds like a bug.

Can you use Profile directory instead? Looks exactly what you need.
It is happening the same with envhome, it must be a bug that I hope developers can fix. I can the profile directory but from there you cannot access the userdata that is in an other folder and that’s what I m interested on
tvOS guarantees only 500 KB max to be stored in app directory, so we have a hack to redirect such access to "user defaults". https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ectory.cpp but there might be a bug as well.
Clear. Hope it can be fixed in the future
special://home should be the path containing the Kodi configuration files, but the logs are in the parent folder.

I think if you used special://home/../ as a source, it would give you the directory containing the Kodi log and other files

I think envhome was introduced for iOS primarily so that you could access files added through iTunes file sharing, I honestly don't remember.
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
(2021-04-01, 22:51)DanTheMan827 Wrote: special://home should be the path containing the Kodi configuration files, but the logs are in the parent folder.

I think if you used special://home/../ as a source, it would give you the directory containing the Kodi log and other files

I think envhome was introduced for iOS primarily so that you could access files added through iTunes file sharing, I honestly don't remember.

So how can I access the userdata folder in file manager?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to access /kodi folder in tvOS w/o jb0