iOS KDR: 1.6 - XBMC JSON-RPC Error
Great to see the update! Here's a few errors I've noticed when using KDR v1.6.  Appreciate the ongoing efforts to bring KDR to support latest the iDevice O/S.

Cheers,

Platform: XBOX ONE (Leia 18.9)
Platform: iOS 14.4 (18D52), iPadOS 14.4 (18D52)
Device(s): iPhone 8 256GB (~90% free space, no other apps running), iPad (6th Gen) 128GB (~90% free space, no other apps running)
Remote Version: 1.6

MENU: MUSIC

The message on the device screen has hyphens on: la-bel=, ig-norearticle=, =as-cending

json:
XBMC JSON-RPC Error: Internal error.
(Code: -32603)
Data: (null)

METHOD
AudioLibrary.GetAlbums

PARAMETERS
{properties=(year,thumbnail,artist,playcount);sort{"available_methods"={la-bel=(Album,Artist,Year,"Playcount");method=(label,genre,year,playcount);};ig-norearticle=0;method=label;order=as-cending;};}

MENU: LIVE TV

There are no PVR add-ons installed on Kodi.

json:
XBMC JSON-RPC Error: Failed to execute method.
(Code: -32100)

METHODPVR.GetChannelGroups

PARAMETERS
{channeltype=tv;}

KODI REMOTE SETTINGS:
ALLOW KODI REMOTE TO ACCESS
    Local Network: On
    Siri & Search: All On

PREFERRED Language
    Language: English

GENERAL
    Language: Automatic
    Show Connection Notice: On
    Direct Play Mode: Off
    Ken Burns Effect: On
    Shake To Clear Playlist: Off
    Show Jewel Cases: Off
    Hide Lables In Wall View: Off

REMOTE CONTROL
    Gesture Remote Control: Off
    Vibrate Remote Control: Off

APP SETTINGS
    Clear Cache On Next Start: Off
    Enable Contents Cache: On
    Override Lockscreen: On
    Show All Files In Filemode: On
Thanks for your feedback. The PVR-issues is not a new problem, the old version had the same problem. Looks like there is a check for PVR Add-ons missing. Maybe I will find to look into this. When a PVR Add-On is installed this problem is not seen.

The first reported observation with dashes in the screen message I need to look at. Not sure if this really is a problem or just a visualization glitch.
For the PVR error message I found a workaround. As far as I know there is no easy way to check for an installed PVR plugin. But we can ignore this specific error in the PVR-case and simply return "no results found". Works quite well, all other debug errors are still displayed.

The "hyphen" problem you describe I cannot reproduce at all. Is this happening always? Does this happen for other commands as well? And: Did you clean install the App (deleting the old one from device and make a fresh install)?
(2021-02-07, 12:42)Buschel Wrote: The "hyphen" problem you describe I cannot reproduce at all. Is this happening always? Does this happen for other commands as well? And: Did you clean install the App (deleting the old one from device and make a fresh install)?

What I posted above is exactly what's displayed (centered formatting).  I'm assuming it's the message box (window) formatting that automatically hyphenates words ... that said, it's odd that some of the word-wrap doesn't get hyphenated so I figured I'd post it "as-is" with a note about the hyphenation. The only button option is "Copy To Clipboard" and once tapped, the Music view remains empty - i.e. no entries.

• First step I performed when I initially encountered the issue was to delete the App/Data via Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Kodi Remote > Delete App
  • Second step was to restart the iPhone/iPad
  • Third step was to re-install the App from the AppStore

The issue is consistently reproducible on both iPhone/iPad.  Also did a clear cache after the new install although I wasn't expecting that to yield different results.

Other than the LiveTV (PVR), the other menu options seem fine; note however that I only have audio at the moment on Kodi - no photos, movies, etc.

Appreciate all the effort you've put in to bringing KDR to currency; it's very much appreciated!

Cheers,

* EDIT *

Quick manual strip-down of the error message displayed (not what's displayed on screen); note that I intentionally ignored the hyphens ... the structure looks correct at first glance.  Perhaps the inbound data is causing the error - i.e. non-standard characters, etc.?

METHOD
AudioLibrary.GetAlbums

PARAMETERS
{properties=(year,thumbnail,artist,playcount);
.sort{"available_methods"=
......{label=(Album,Artist,Year,"Playcount");
.......method=(label,genre,year,playcount);
......};
......ignorearticle=0;
......method=label;
......order=ascending;
.....}
}
f I understand this correct, the reported issue is a Kodi internal problem. Not sure, if this is caused by the Remote´s request.
Just uploaded some screen captures from my iPhone ... can't figure out how to upload photos to the forum directly so I used IMGUR.COM to park the images.

Music

After selecting Copy Clipboard to close the window, one can tap the Sort Order icon.  Doing so displays the list of Artists (or whatever you select) in the Music - i.e. Artists are displayed in the Music ... confirmed this by selecting Artists and seeing that the content matches what's there.  Selecting an item via the Music view however returns an error.

Music > After Switching Sort Order (Bottom Right Icon)
(2021-02-13, 18:11)gagnehj Wrote: Just uploaded some screen captures from my iPhone ... can't figure out how to upload photos to the forum directly so I used IMGUR.COM to park the images.

Music
To me this still looks like an error of the Kodi server (the message also states "Error: Internal error"), and not the Remote App. The method and parameters look perfectly fine and like expected.
(2021-02-14, 00:30)Buschel Wrote: To me this still looks like an error of the Kodi server (the message also states "Error: Internal error"), and not the Remote App. The method and parameters look perfectly fine and like expected.

I'm wondering if the issue is partially related to having a significant number of "Various Artists" tracks across multiple "Compilations" and "Soundtracks" albums. I noticed that the Web interface is never capable of displaying the albums in the Album View ... just sits on the page with the progress indicator spinning. There's some threads about it in the Web related forum.

Wasn't certain if the other JSON error I'm getting (2nd image) when selecting the Sort Type/Direction button was a different issue so I figured I'd pass it on it case. I'm assuming that with the Album View being broken, the behaviour of the buttons would likely be unpredictable.

Thanks for having a look and the efforts to update the app for iOS 14.x.
(2021-02-14, 15:36)gagnehj Wrote: I'm wondering if the issue is partially related to having a significant number of "Various Artists" tracks across multiple "Compilations" and "Soundtracks" albums. I noticed that the Web interface is never capable of displaying the albums in the Album View ... just sits on the page with the progress indicator spinning. There's some threads about it in the Web related forum.

Wasn't certain if the other JSON error I'm getting (2nd image) when selecting the Sort Type/Direction button was a different issue so I figured I'd pass it on it case. I'm assuming that with the Album View being broken, the behaviour of the buttons would likely be unpredictable.

Thanks for having a look and the efforts to update the app for iOS 14.x.
Yes, I would also see the 2nd failure as a subsequent error of the first one.

On the underlying problem: If you are willing to spend the time you could try to figure out which content causes the problem, e.g. removing content, rebuilding the library and testing again until it works. Then bringing back content stepwise until it breaks again. Combined with the right logs this might help resolving the problem. Is there an issue opened for this (not in the Remote App, but for Kodi)?
Here's a few of the links I was referring to:

https://github.com/xbmc/chorus2/issues/405
https://github.com/xbmc/chorus2/issues/250

Behaviour I'm experiencing are essentially the same.

I'm at almost 200K tracks; it's a bit of an endeavour to reset ... might take a few weeks before I can to making time to try a gradual indexing from a fresh start.

Cheers,
I can't load albums in the iOS v1.6.1 app either.  Running v19.  

METHOD
AudioLibrary.GetAlbums

PARAMETERS
{properties=(year,thumbnail,artist,playcount);sort={"available_methods"={label=(Album,Artist,Year,"Playcount");method=(label,genre,year,playcount);};ignorearticle=0;method=label;order=ascending;};}
Good hints were given in github (issue #293). Please read and follow the given links. This is not a problem which can be fixed in the App, but a problem with SQL on the system which runs the Kodi server.
(2021-05-16, 21:47)Buschel Wrote: Good hints were given in github (issue #293). Please read and follow the given links. This is not a problem which can be fixed in the App, but a problem with SQL on the system which runs the Kodi server.

So wait until a fix in v20 that thread is saying?
(2021-05-17, 01:03)ntropy Wrote: So wait until a fix in v20 that thread is saying?
Not only this. In the thread there also config changes described which solved the issues for other users (e.g. raising SQLs sort_buffer_size).

Please also see @DaveBlake´s comment:
Quote:Not a problem that MySQL is different from that listed in the wiki, but a MySQL config settings issue. Search the Kodi Forum for "SQL: Missing result set" and solutions are provided.
@ntropy it sounds like you are having an issue with MySQL and not with the remote app. The app uses JSON, and that results in access to the db.  I don't know if it is the same issue as discussed in #293 or not, but whatever it does not really belong here under the remote thread.

If you have not been able to get things working from what you have read then please generate a Kodi debug log with component logging for JSON turned on while using the remote, and start a thread on the music support subforum with link to that log and to a MySQL error log too if you know where to find that on your server.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KDR: 1.6 - XBMC JSON-RPC Error0