Kodi TV Shows do not read data from .nfo files
Sad 
I'm trying to set up a very simple NFO file. However, no matter how many times I tell Kodi to refers, scan, or do anything with these files (set to local information only mode) it just doesn't care. The tv series gets read, but none of the episode files. The side effect of this is that Kodi DOES NOT show this ANYWHERE on the home page, and I can only play it from the files. Kinda defeats the whole purpose...

If I click "Scan to library" on a video file, it says "No Information Found!" as the title for a message box. The content of the message box is the folder that the episode video is in. I can't find any traces of errors anywhere in the logs.

File tree: 
Y:
├─ Movie
├─ TV
│├─ Pocket Monsters XY
││├─ poster.jpg
││├─ tvshow.nfo
││├─ 01 - Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!.mkv
││├─ 01 - Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!.nfo 
and another 92 episodes like this

01 - Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!.nfo looks like this:
xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<episodedetails>
    <title>Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!</title>
    <showtitle>Pokémon the series: XY</showtitle>
    <episode>01</episode>
    <uniqueid type="anidb" default="false">9956</uniqueid>
</episodedetails>

tvshow.nfo is a full nfo file.

This is an error on both my Windows 10 UWP and Android 10 install of Kodi.

Any help would be appreciated. Please don't link to other forum threads with misleading, hard to find solutions.
(2021-02-07, 02:49)zsotroav Wrote: ││├─ 01 - Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!.mkv
││├─ 01 - Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!.nfo 
You have not named your episodes correctly. Regardless of you having NFO files, you still need to add the SxxExx numbering to the episode name.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...sode_Files

││├─ S01E01 - Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!.mkv
││├─ S01E01 - Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!.nfo

Aren't your nfo files a bit light with information? At least you have the most important item there- UniqueID.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-02-07, 03:42)Karellen Wrote: You have not named your episodes correctly. Regardless of you having NFO files, you still need to add the SxxExx numbering to the episode name.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...sode_Files

││├─ S01E01 - Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!.mkv
││├─ S01E01 - Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!.nfo

Thanks, that solve the problem. I didn't think Kodi would have requirements for naming schemes.
(2021-02-07, 03:42)Karellen Wrote: Aren't your nfo files a bit light with information? At least you have the most important item there- UniqueID.
I am "building" a scraper for myself that can utilize information from specialized websites/databases. What are the good to have information that I should put in them? I have added a thumbnail since then. I am not too worried about the plot, as that can get long, and a synopsis is something that I can find easily. The episode name is usually enough for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi TV Shows do not read data from .nfo files0