Help in scraping info from file name
Information 
Hi,

I just started using this tool and I need your support to try to solve my problem:

I have many *.strm files created by another addon (Library Integration Tool) based on the videos of another addon (Amazon Prime Video addon). 

Movie's *.strm are recognized without issue and nfo are created smootly.

TV Shows instead are not recognized at all: there's a way to scrape info based on filename?

At the moment an episode has this file name structure: for example Pilot-0x0.strm in "Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan" folder. The only way at the moment is to use "change episode" function. It's of for short series but becomes difficult when I have to manage several episodes.

Thank you in advance
"#x#" is not a valid file name. You have to use "s#e#" or another valid file name pattern that you can find in the Kodi Wiki.
(2021-02-07, 16:41)DanCooper Wrote: "#x#" is not a valid file name. You have to use "s#e#" or another valid file name pattern that you can find in the Kodi Wiki.

Those files are already "translated" in Ember MM with the correct pattern like House S00E00.

BTW I tested your suggestion and renamed all files to "House - Episode Name - S00E00.srtm" . When scraping they are not recognized.
You have to scrape the whole tv show first to get the basic information for the episodes. The search result dialog for the TVDb scraper is broker and you have to set the TVDb ID manually in the bottom field if search results dialog. You can get the ID on the TVDb website if you select the tv show.
(2021-02-07, 18:40)DanCooper Wrote: You have to scrape the whole tv show first to get the basic information for the episodes. The search result dialog for the TVDb scraper is broker and you have to set the TVDb ID manually in the bottom field if search results dialog. You can get the ID on the TVDb website if you select the tv show.

I've done it as you suggest (adding manually tvdb id found on the website). So now in Ember MM it is recognized and at the bottom of the episodes I see the original titles that are "missings". But there no automatic recognition. The only way is to manually change every episode using "change episode" in right click menu.
Please post a screenshot of your files.
(2021-02-07, 20:03)DanCooper Wrote: Please post a screenshot of your files.

Sure.

The first episode are as created by Library Import Tool addon.

The last is one episode that has bee manually recognized using Ember MM function.

https://imgur.com/a/6foJXpI
You have to set the correct season and episode number in file name before you add them to Ember or any other media manager. S00E00 means "Season Specials - Episode 0" and that isn't an existing episode.
"House - 97 Seconds - S00E00.strm" has to be "House - 97 Seconds - S04E03.strm" (or just "s4e3.strm" or any other valid file naming scheme with the season and episode number in the file name". Episodes are only indexed based on season and episode number inforamtion in the file name.
(2021-02-08, 10:35)DanCooper Wrote: You have to set the correct season and episode number in file name before you add them to Ember or any other media manager. 
Uhm I think this is impossible for large tv series. I just have episode name. If I have to change every episode file name it will took me months... Maybe there's somewhere some scraper that can starts from file name...or maybe I just have to quit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help in scraping info from file name0