pvr.mythtv sched/channel lineup completely different then mythtv frontend
Hi ya - 

Kodi / mythtv newb here - Have recent install of mythtv backend / HDHomeRun Prime / Schedules Direct. 

The pvr.mythtv (ver 5.10.15) under Kodi shows shows channel numbers and schedules differently then the mythtv frontend. The mythtvfrontend and mythweb both show the correct information. I have restarted programs, systems and servers to see if perhaps there was a stale cache somewhere, but the behavior is consistent.

I pasted an API call in my browser to see what was returned from the server, and the channel numbers/names appear correct (ie: myserver:6544/Guide/GetProgramGuide?StartChanId...)

For example, the API call returns 
<ChannelInfo>
<ChanId>40511</ChanId>
<ChanNum>511</ChanNum>
<CallSign>WBALDT</CallSign>
<IconURL>/Guide/GetChannelIcon?ChanId=40511</IconURL>
<ChannelName>WBALDT (WBAL-DT)</ChannelName>

And mythtvfront & mythweb both display it properly as Channel 511 with correct schedule info. 
In Kodi, the schedule shows 511 as CineMAX HD, and WBALTV shows up as channel 292

<ChannelInfo>
<ChanId>40920</ChanId>
<ChanNum>920</ChanNum>
<CallSign>MAXHD</CallSign>
<IconURL>/Guide/GetChannelIcon?ChanId=40920</IconURL>
<ChannelName>CineMAX HD</ChannelName>

Looks like there are updates for the pvr addon, but I'm running Kodi from linux mint, which is based on Ubuntu 20. The Janbar PPA doesn't support Focal - nothing newer then Bionic.

The backend server is Ubuntu 18.04 LTS with v31 mythtv backend via the mythbuntu ppa.

Any tips, info, pointers, etc greatly appreciated!
SOLVED! 

I figured it out - Under Settings / PVR & Live TV, there is an option for "Use channel numbers from backend", but it's only visible under ADVANCED MODE. Apparently this defaults to off. I confirmed that in another installation.
(2021-02-09, 17:45)nomotivo Wrote: SOLVED! 

I figured it out - Under Settings / PVR & Live TV, there is an option for "Use channel numbers from backend", but it's only visible under ADVANCED MODE. Apparently this defaults to off. I confirmed that in another installation.
Actually it's Settings / PVR & Live TV / General

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv sched/channel lineup completely different then mythtv frontend0