Import music based on tag
Hi. I have a folder structure of music... Music/albums/a/abba
As an example.

Is there a way I can tag music in each folder with a tag 'kids', and set Kodi to only import music if it has that tag? I don't want to import it all, and then filter it in Kodi and I don't want to copy music to a separate 'kids' folder on my harddrive as that would waste space.

Any solutions you can think of?
Thanks
The only alternative to using separate sources I can think of is to use the "music extensions" feature of advancedsettings.xml and separate profiles, but that means having to transcode to the extension you want to exclude (if the extension implies a codec), which may also require changing your tag format.

scott s.
At what level is music "kids" - album or song? Going to assume albums.
Any reason why not have a separate 'kids' folder with artist/album subfolder for those albums? Not a copy, so no wasted space, and the ability to locate artist art and NFO in the Artist Information Folder means that there is no problem with having both Music/albums/a/abba and KidsMusic/albums/a/abba folders.

Use of sources is really the best approach I can suggest. If the separation you want to do is at song level then I don't think Kodi is able to do that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Import music based on tag0