Run .exe from main menu (custom item)
Hello,

right now i am using Aeon Nox Silvo, because i need to start an .exe file directly from main menu. With Aeon Nox Silvo i can create a custom items...
I used Aeon MQ in the past and liked the appearance very much, but i need this function. Can someone help me to find a solution?

I want to create a new menu item called TV and this item starts an .exe file (created with autohotkey) which is closing kodi and starting another program.

Thank you
I forgot something.

Right now i have a menu item called "Music". With this item i move directly to my local stored music. Submenu from "Music" contains folders from Tidal2 plugin.
Also found no solution to do it with Aeon MQ Sad
(2021-02-10, 11:10)Adriano93 Wrote: Hello,

right now i am using Aeon Nox Silvo, because i need to start an .exe file directly from main menu. With Aeon Nox Silvo i can create a custom items...
I used Aeon MQ in the past and liked the appearance very much, but i need this function. Can someone help me to find a solution?

I want to create a new menu item called TV and this item starts an .exe file (created with autohotkey) which is closing kodi and starting another program.

Thank you

I forgot something.

Right now i have a menu item called "Music". With this item i move directly to my local stored music. Submenu from "Music" contains folders from Tidal2 plugin.
Also found no solution to do it with Aeon MQ :(
Sorry for this extremely late reply but I just noticed your post.

There is no easy way to add custom commands to MQ skins main or submenus. However, it can be accomplish if you are confident working/editing xml files. The file you need to edit is the settings.xml file found in the userdata/addon_data/skin.aeonmq7.matrix.mod folder. It takes a good deal of searching to figure out which lines to edit and they will vary depending on menu item locations, so I can't be specific.

This is a rough guide. After making a backup copy your settings.xml file:
1) Figure out the menu number you wish to use. The method I use is, with the customize main menu in Kodi select a menu to use, let's just say an Empty one. Then name it and it's submenus in to whatever I'm going to call it. Let's say, I want to go directly to the addon X config screen, so I'll name it "Config. X"
2) Close Kodi and open the settins.xml mentioned above. Search for "Config. X". When you locate it that line it will look like this "<setting id="menu0123.label" type="string">Config. X</setting>". From this we now know the menu number is 0123.
3) Now find the corresponding action line, by searching "menu0123" (no quotes) until you find the line <setting id="menu0123.action" type="string"></setting>.
4) Insert the custom command (same one you used with Silvo) in this example Addon.OpenSettings(pluggin.X) so the line now looks like this <setting id="menu0123.action" type="string">Addon.OpenSettings(pluggin.X)</setting>. Then save file.
5) Open Kodi and see if it worked. If yes then you are done.
If it doesn't work try this additional step:
6) In the same settings.xml file find the line <setting id="menu0123.master" type="string">anything.or.empty</setting>. Change the "anything.or.empty" to "settings", "settingsaddon", "settingsscript" or whatever is needed. You can find examples of other terms by looking threw the settings.xml and finding an entry that performs an operation similar to the one you want.

Note: Setting a path is also possible using the line <setting id="menu0123.path" type="string">insert/path/here</setting>.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1.2 | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.6.5 | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.1.9

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Run .exe from main menu (custom item)0