Solved Unable to Push Branch
I've made a small modification to Util.cpp to make cleanstrings a bit more flexible (as discussed in this old thread).
I'm attempting to push my branch to the repo so I can open a pull request but I am getting an error:
Code:

"git" push -u --recurse-submodules=check --progress "origin" refs/heads/support-prefix-removal-with-cleanstrings:refs/heads/support-prefix-removal-with-cleanstrings
info: please complete authentication in your browser...
remote: Permission to xbmc/xbmc.git denied to bejhanj.
fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/': The requested URL returned error: 403
Done

Press Enter or Esc to close console...

I didn't see a way to create a branch on GitHub so I'm unsure of the correct way to do so.
Thanks in advance.
I just found the HOW-TO:Submit a patch page, which states that the xbmc repo must be forked and the pull request initiated from the forked repo.
(2021-02-12, 18:15)bejhan Wrote: I just found the HOW-TO:Submit a patch page, which states that the xbmc repo must be forked and the pull request initiated from the forked repo.

Yes, that is the workflow for kodi. 

scott s.
(2021-02-12, 22:46)scott967 Wrote:
(2021-02-12, 18:15)bejhan Wrote: I just found the HOW-TO:Submit a patch page, which states that the xbmc repo must be forked and the pull request initiated from the forked repo.

Yes, that is the workflow for kodi. 

scott s.
I understand, I was just answering my own question for anyone who might stumble across this in the future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to Push Branch0