Using an NFO file to added movies which will not scrape
I'm now encoding some DVD's which were created from VHS tapes which were recorded directly from a TV.  The encoding process is proceeding just fine, however I'm having some difficulties with adding them to the KODI system with all of the info.  I'm using the following NFO file - Orange (Orange).nfo
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<movie>
    <title>Faust (Orange)</title>
    <originaltitle>Faust</originaltitle>
    <outline>The production of Charles Gounod’s Faust, featuring a divine cast of opera’s superstars: Roberto Alagna (Faust), René Pape (Méphistophéles), Inva Mula (Marguerite), Xavier Mas (Siebel) and Jean-Francois Lapointe (Valentin). 
Captured from TV.  Has actor interviews as well as the full opear</outline>
    <runtime>300</runtime>
    <genre>Opera</genre>
    <country>France</country>
    <year>2008</year>
    <premiered>2008</premiered>
    <studio>Chorégies d'Orange</studio>
    <actor>
        <name>Roberto Alagna</name>
        <role>Faust</role>
        <order>0</order>
    </actor>
    <uniqueid type="Anne" default="true">Op0001</uniqueid>
</movie>
For some reason it is not recognizing the year or premiered tags as the date shown in the KODI MOVIES list is 1969 (as I recall). I have fixed that using the web interface.  However as I have several move to do I'd like to fix this issue.  What have I done wrong?

I addition I would like to include both Fanart and Poster images for each.  If I correctly understand the WiKi that these references would be included it the  "Faust (Orange)" folder:
  1. Faust (Orange).nfo
  2. Faust (Orange) - Part 1.m4v
  3. Faust (Orange) - Part 2.m4v
  4. Faust (Orange) - Part 3.m4v
  5. Faust (Orange) - fanart.jpg
  6. Faust (Orange) - poster.jpg
Is this correct?  Thanks....RDK
The <year> is depracated, so don't use it.

<premiered> is wrong in your nfo file. It needs to be in yyyy-mm-dd format. <premiered>2014-02-14</premiered>

And if you are in the process of ripping your DVD's, ensure you do it right. Don't rip to dvd folders as they are pointless, unnecessarily complex and achieve nothing. Rip to a single file like mkv.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-02-12, 20:12)rdk45 Wrote: I addition I would like to include both Fanart and Poster images for each.  If I correctly understand the WiKi that these references would be included it the  "Faust (Orange)" folder:
  1. Faust (Orange).nfo
  2. Faust (Orange) - Part 1.m4v
  3. Faust (Orange) - Part 2.m4v
  4. Faust (Orange) - Part 3.m4v
  5. Faust (Orange) - fanart.jpg
  6. Faust (Orange) - poster.jpg
Is this correct?  Thanks....RDK
No that is not correct. Firstly can you explain the different "Parts". Is this a TV Show?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen...This is a Movie and not a TV Show entry.  The Faust opera, with the before and after interviews, etc, was about 4.5 hours, thus took three VCR tapes.  So, I treated this as a "Split video" and Parts 1,2 and 3 should be concatenated in the library for playing.  I've used that technique before and it seems to be working.

I generally rip all the DVD to a folder on my laptop and then move that content to the server SSD drive.  For the Faust case I created a special Faust (Orange) folder for the .MKV  files, which also contained the .nfo file, and copied it to the SSD.  

Thanks for the answer on the year issue.  I knew that format, but was just not paying attention :-(....RDK
hmmm, I wonder if this thread/reply has dropped off the "edge"?....RDK
(2021-02-16, 15:43)rdk45 Wrote: hmmm, I wonder if this thread/reply has dropped off the "edge"?....RDK
What are you still wating for? Your last response gave the impression everything is ok.
My Signature
OK, you asked a questions, which I answered.  I assumed that there was a reason behind that question?
Quote:Also, "No that is not correct. Firstly can you explain the different "Parts". 
So I assumed again that after explaining the "parts" issue that you would finish with the "not correct" part?

Not a big deal, maybe I read too much into your last line?....RDK
(2021-02-13, 07:28)rdk45 Wrote: I've used that technique before and it seems to be working.
Ok, I took that as being "everything else is ok"

I suggest that you stitch the parts into one file. Use https://mkvtoolnix.download/ for that.

Otherwise the Part 1, Part 2 should be Part1, Part2 - no space.... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...ideo_Files

Faust (Orange) - Part1.nfo
Faust (Orange) - Part1.m4v
Faust (Orange) - Part1-fanart.jpg
Faust (Orange) - Part1-poster.jpg
Faust (Orange) - Part2.m4v
Faust (Orange) - Part3.m4v

There is never spaces between the hyphen and the artwork type.

I think that is right... I never use multi part files, so my knowledge is a bit shaky.
My Signature
OK, thanks.  I've used the "... - Part 1" format for split content and it seems to be working.  When I fixed the image format with no spaces, as you suggested, that also worked. 

I'll change the "Part" lines to be consistent with the documentation. Thanks....RDK

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using an NFO file to added movies which will not scrape0