Playlist for music in DLNA server folders
New Kodi user here and have figured out just about everything but this.  My music collection consists of around 800 folders or directories that reside on a Windows machine running the Serviio DLNA server.  All of the music is in FLAC format.  I play the music via Kodi running on a Sony Smart TV and that feeds my stereo system.  The directory structure on the server is: d:\media\music\Jukebox FLAC\(directories named for artist).  One of the directories in the Jukebox FLAC directory is named Christmas and that directory contains 46 subdirectories, each one representing an album.  The goal is to be able to iniitiate playing of everything in the Christmas directory with a single action and have the music play all day.  Easily done on my old Marantz 100 CD changer, but not so easily done with the new arrangement.  It would be nice if I could construct a Kodi playlist pointing to the Christmas folder and have Kodi play all the subdirectories in that folder.  Many attempts at constructing rules to do that were in vain.  I've tried scanning the Christmas directory into my Kodi library and building a smart playlist against that, but no luck there either.

So, is it possible to do what I want to do with a smart playlist?  If so, can someone steer me in the right direction.  It would be helpful if I could build a rule that could look for a folder name, but folder isn't an available option.  Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Smart Playlists and most library functions do not work with a DLNA/UPnP setup... UPnP (wiki)

Add you music via a SMB (wiki) share.

I don't think TV-->>AVR is the best connection. Why not switch it to AVR-->>TV
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-02-13, 00:55)Karellen Wrote: Smart Playlists and most library functions do not work with a DLNA/UPnP setup... UPnP (wiki)

Add you music via a SMB (wiki) share.

I don't think TV-->>AVR is the best connection. Why not switch it to AVR-->>TV
There is no AVR.  I followed directions to a T.  Other apps such as VLC can access the SMB share just fine.  Kodi can not. Maybe there's an error in the instructions.  Here is the exact share I defined to Kodi:  smb://BASEMENT-HP/d/Media/Music/Jukebox FLAC/Christmas

The error box that pops says: Error 2: share not available
(2021-02-13, 02:46)Solo44 Wrote: Maybe there's an error in the instructions.
Don't know. No complaints so far. More likely an error in your setup.

I can't tell what the problem is from you brief description, nor what steps you have performed. So have you followed that wiki page? Are you using passwords or have you disabled them? Addresses are case-sensitive, have you allowed for that? Are you using IP address or device name etc, etc. So many variables that you need to consider.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-02-13, 03:00)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-02-13, 02:46)Solo44 Wrote: Maybe there's an error in the instructions.
Don't know. No complaints so far. More likely an error in your setup.

I can't tell what the problem is from you brief description, nor what steps you have performed. So have you followed that wiki page? Are you using passwords or have you disabled them? Addresses are case-sensitive, have you allowed for that? Are you using IP address or device name etc, etc. So many variables that you need to consider.
No point in reviewing all the steps I performed that didn't work.  Yes, I followed the wiki page precisely.  Not using passwords.  All addresses were made precisely with proper case.  Was using device name for server.  All of this took many hours and got nowhere.  Next step was to download Plex server and android and Windows clients.  In ONE HOUR, I had everything working together properly and had created the special holiday playlist my wife wanted.  Easy to see why Plex is the most popular product for DLNA and the interface is easy enough for non-technical people to do everything that needs to be done.  Thanks for your help on Kodi, but I'm afraid that you're riding a dead horse.
If you have found something that suits you then fine @Solo44 , happy listening.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playlist for music in DLNA server folders0