v19 Using local info scraper when migrating to Kodi 19?
My scheme:

I have a semi-large library, about 3k movies/TV episodes, all scraped over the years with various scrapers in Kodi v17 & v18. I have successfully exported them to separate files, so all have an *.nfo file. 99% of these movies/tv shows have local posters/fanarts.

I have successfully imported these libraries (with nfo's) into clean installations of Kodi v18.x a few times. Each time, I have set the content, chosen an appropriate scraper, and let it scrape. Kodi has always scraped them, kept the watched/unwatched status, and loaded the local artwork, while downloading posters/fanarts for the few items that don't have local art. All is good.

For a clean installation of Kodi 19 (when released) I'm thinking of using the local info scraper for the initial scrape into the library (I've tested it, sure is fast!), then setting each source to the appropriate scraper (TMDB or ?) so that new episodes / movies will be scraped correctly.

My question: Is this possible? Is this stupid?

Thanks!
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
(2021-02-15, 00:47)whysoserious Wrote: My question: Is this possible? Is this stupid?
Stupid? No. Possible? Yes

This will work perfectly fine with Movies.

TV Shows is another matter. Local Information Scraper and TV Shows do not mix well, and it all comes down to that "damn" <episodeguide> tag.
If you don't have that tag, Local Info Scraper works great.
If you have that tag, then Kodi tries to verify the URL in that tag, but the Local Info scraper prevents the check and scanning fails.

If you use the Python version of the scrapers, I think you should be fine, but I have seen a report on the forum where it still failed, but I don't know if that was PEBKAC or something to look into as the user never responded with logs.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-02-15, 00:59)Karellen Wrote: it all comes down to that "damn" <episodeguide> tag
Hmm. I see that that tag seems to only exist in "tvshow.nfo" files. I have about 80 of them (I guess that's how many tv shows I have). It would take about 1 minute with Notepad++ to clean them all out. Will this break anything? Will they get re-created the next time I export?

Thanks...
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
(2021-02-15, 01:10)whysoserious Wrote: Will this break anything? Will they get re-created the next time I export?
Yes and No.

If your show is complete, and no more episodes will be added, then you can remove the tag as it is no longer needed.

If you are still adding episodes to the show, then...
1. If you are using the XML scrapers, you still need it OR you can remove it but then you will need to Refresh the tv show (not the episodes) to download the tag again
2. If you are using the new Python scrapers, the scraper "should" be able to automatically download the tag again. (refer to my previous comment about other user)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-02-15, 02:08)Karellen Wrote: Yes and No.

Ok, I'll leave them alone for now, and try the new Python scrapers when I rebuild the library on Kodi 19.

Thanks you. :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using local info scraper when migrating to Kodi 19?0