problem with coverart
I use Kodi exclusively for playing music.
In all lists (e.g. artists, songs, etc.) but also in playlists Kodi makes a mess of adding coverart  to songs, that is to say that the wrong coverart is displayed next to the name of the song.

As an illustrtion, when I open a .3mu file a number of songs is displayed but a lot of them (but not all)  have the wrong coverart. When I inspect the mp3 file itself, I find that the right cover is embedded.
All coverart is embedded in mp3 or flac files, either from iTunes or from MusicBrainz.  

Am I doing something wrong or is this a Kodi flaw?
Is your music scanned into the library?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-02-15, 20:59)Karellen Wrote: Is your music scanned into the library?

Yes, using the instruction 'scan items to library' i loaded the content of a usb stick that has a number of directories filled with mp3's.
some songs display the correct cover.
(2021-02-15, 22:42)robk Wrote:
(2021-02-15, 20:59)Karellen Wrote: Is your music scanned into the library?

Yes, using the instruction 'scan items to library' i loaded the content of a usb stick that has a number of directories filled with mp3's.
some songs display the correct cover.
Maybe I should add that not all mp3s have an embedded cover.
(2021-02-15, 23:03)robk Wrote: Maybe I should add that not all mp3s have an embedded cover.
Yea, that would be the answer. If you have no embedded cover, and you have no local artwork, and you have not taken the additional step of scraping additional information, then those songs without artwork will just hold onto the artwork from the previous song, and do so until a song is played that has artwork.

Do you know how to add local artwork or how to scrape for additional information and artwork?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-02-15, 23:23)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-02-15, 23:03)robk Wrote: Maybe I should add that not all mp3s have an embedded cover.
Yea, that would be the answer. If you have no embedded cover, and you have no local artwork, and you have not taken the additional step of scraping additional information, then those songs without artwork will just hold onto the artwork from the previous song, and do so until a song is played that has artwork.

Do you know how to add local artwork or how to scrape for additional information and artwork?

I am afraid this is not the complete answer.. How do you explain that even if a certain song has embedded artwork ( I checked this) that sometimes still the wrong cover appears next to the song's name.
And yes, I know how to add local artwork (I have a separate folder for this).
Is the same wrong cover art always show for a given song? Does the wrong art vary with song? I is a cover for some other album?

If you can upload your music db file mymusicXX.db and provide a link to it here (mods will hide it for privacy) , and give some examples of songs that show the wrong art I should be able to diagnose more of what is happening.
(2021-02-17, 21:17)DaveBlake Wrote: Is the same wrong cover art always show for a given song? Does the wrong art vary with song? I is a cover for some other album?

If you can upload your music db file mymusicXX.db and provide a link to it here (mods will hide it for privacy) , and give some examples of songs that show the wrong art I should be able to diagnose more of what is happening.
I apologize for the delay in my answer, but I had to find out as accurately as possible what the problem is.
I prepared a .m3u file (using iTunes), taking great care that all entries have an embedded thumbnail, in most cases obtained from an Internet  picture, or from a homemade picture (all jpg format).
Then, still some entries in the .m3u file have the wrong thumbnail, when I select the .m3u file, and browse  through the songs in this file.
However, when I select such a song using the global search tool the correct thumbnail is displayed! Apparently, the problem occurs  only when using playlists.

Any suggestions are welcome…

If you still needs a musicXX.db file for diagnosis then please provide me with more instructions how to send it.
I understand you are seeing the wrong art when browsing the songs of a .m3u playlist. Are there any useful facts that you can observe about those wrong images, for example:
a) Is the same wrong cover art always show for a given song, or does it vary when you next browse that .m3u?
b) Are the wrong images the art for some other song or completely unknown to you?
c) Does the wrong art vary with song, or it is that the songs all show the same wrong image?

Yes an example .m3u,  knowing which songs show the wrong art  when browsimg that playlist and a copy your MyMusicXX.db file would still help. These can be uploaded onto some cloud storage, e.g. google drive and then post a link to that in this thread.

This all sounds very odd, so I'm sure that there is a misunderstanding somewhere or something obvious that has not come out of your description.
(2021-02-21, 18:52)DaveBlake Wrote: I understand you are seeing the wrong art when browsing the songs of a .m3u playlist. Are there any useful facts that you can observe about those wrong images, for example:
a) Is the same wrong cover art always show for a given song, or does it vary when you next browse that .m3u?
b) Are the wrong images the art for some other song or completely unknown to you?
c) Does the wrong art vary with song, or it is that the songs all show the same wrong image?

Yes an example .m3u,  knowing which songs show the wrong art  when browsimg that playlist and a copy your MyMusicXX.db file would still help. These can be uploaded onto some cloud storage, e.g. google drive and then post a link to that in this thread.

This all sounds very odd, so I'm sure that there is a misunderstanding somewhere or something obvious that has not come out
of your description.
The same wrong cover art always appears with a given song. The wrong images belong to another song.
Dave, I assume you have access to my email address. Please send me your email addresms, I will send you the files using WeTransfer. I don't know of another way to send you the files..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problem with coverart0