Playing Music from computer
Hi all hope I've put this into the right section.
I'm new to KODI and I was hoping it could help me with something I'm trying to do.
My computer runs ubuntu (Linux) and I have my music stored in it.Now I want to be able to play my music via my network on my ipad.
Can this be done with KODI? and if so How?
Thanks
Blumbly
Yes, you have basically two options:
1. Using a Remote App on your tablet. For Apple there are several options, of course I recommend the "Official Kodi Remote" which will receive its next update in the next days. Smile
2. Using your browser.

To configure Kodi to allow remote controlling just follow the steps desribed in the Wiki: remotes.
(2021-02-20, 14:05)Buschel Wrote: Yes, you have basically two options:
1. Using a Remote App on your tablet. For Apple there are several options, of course I recommend the "Official Kodi Remote" which will receive its next update in the next days. Smile
2. Using your browser.

To configure Kodi to allow remote controlling just follow the steps desribed in the Wiki: remotes.

Cool thanks that's close to what I'm trying to do and as a remote it works great,but I'm actually trying to play music through the ipad not the device that has the music is on.
So is there a way maybe from the remote state,or some other way to hear the music on the ipad?
I know that Yatse can do that, but that is an Android app.
Likewise you could chromecast it to android device.  Maybe some way to use airplay from ubuntu?  (my house is an apple free zone so can't help).

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing Music from computer0