Req Artwork scraper - Preferred language - without any text on fanart only?
I pointed this out a few years ago on TMM v2 and it looks like there was finally a fix implemented for the issue I was experiencing.

I would constantly scrape fanart with the text on it rather than the textless counterpart I was after.

The feature introduced as described here https://www.tinymediamanager.org/docs/movies/settings:

Preferred language: Get the artwork with text in the given language."-" indicates that tinyMediaManager should look for artwork without any texts on it. Please note that not all artwork sources offer the needed information for this to work (it is known that themoviedb.org and fanart.tv work with this setting).

The issue with this is it applies to both Poster and Fanart fields.

My request is for this option to be expanded upon to have two separate options.

One preferred language option for poster
One preferred language option for fanart

I imagine many people would be like myself and want the poster to have the title and the fanart to be stunning art in their Kodi library backdrop without text.
sorry, I won't make things more complicated than it should be! but there is a simple workaround for you:

- scrape the movie(s) (all metadata + language setting for poster; fanart deactivated in the scrape options)
- re-set the language config to no text and re-scrape just fanart

this seems to be a fair workaround for this special request
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2021-02-21, 10:55)mlaggner Wrote: sorry, I won't make things more complicated than it should be! but there is a simple workaround for you:

- scrape the movie(s) (all metadata + language setting for poster; fanart deactivated in the scrape options)
- re-set the language config to no text and re-scrape just fanart

this seems to be a fair workaround for this special request
Thanks for the feedback and certainly a reasonable work-around. I already manually went over most of my library and it's not too much of a hassle to manually pick the best fanart after a scrape.

Hopefully, this thread helps others if they come across a similar dilemma.

I did have an annoying issue with selective metadata updates a few days ago in v13 but I will make a new thread to keep it from confusing with this topic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork scraper - Preferred language - without any text on fanart only?0